Head of Personal Banking Credit Credit (based in Belfast)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Danske Bank UK
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Danske Bank is one of the leading retail banks in Northern Ireland, with around 1,400 employees and a network of 44 branches and three regional business centres across Northern Ireland. We are part of the Danske Bank Group which is headquartered in Copenhagen and is one of the leading financial enterprises in northern Europe, operating in 15 countries. Our Vision is to be recognised as the best bank in Northern Ireland for our customers, employees, stakeholders and society. We’re Northern Ireland’s most profitable company and we’re different to other banks in Northern Ireland.
As Head of Personal Banking Credit you will develop, implement and maintain an appropriate Personal Credit Policy, strategy and culture across Danske Bank UK. You’ll lead and manage Personal Banking Credit activities to ensure the most efficient and effective assessment and approval of credit applications, within service level standards, Group Credit policies, standard operating procedures and asset quality requirements. You will also oversee and implement automated decision models to manage the incoming business volumes and manage the Credit Risk function through a portfolio-based approach, driven by data analytics. You’ll report to the Chief Risk Officer, Danske Bank Northern Ireland, with matrix management reporting to the Executive Vice President, Retail Credit Risk Management, Danske Bank A/S.
The job holder’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Establish an appropriate Personal Credit Culture in the Bank.
- Develop, implement and maintain Personal Credit policy across Danske Bank UK and to overview the effectiveness of policies, procedures and reporting over significant operational processes.
- Coordinate Personal Lending activities within Danske Bank UK.
- Determine the Danske Bank UK strategic agenda and, where appropriate, influence our strategic and operational plans to align with those of the Group, so far as these relate to Personal Credit.
- Provide sponsorship and/or direction of major Personal Credit related project work and to support business units in the preservation of brand and reputation.
- Drive a portfolio driven credit management approach based on analytics.
- Optimise the Bank’s automated decisioning/digital strategy, working with Danske Bank Group in the development and application of credit risk models, including application and behavioural scorecards, PD, EAD, LGD loan loss provision and stress testing models.
- Provide ongoing management, development and optimisation of credit risk processes and infrastructure, especially with regard to transitioning from manual processes to straight through digital processing.
- Take responsibility for the evaluation for current models and consider the merit of moving to transitioning from the standardised approach to the advanced IRB based modelling approach.
- Represent Personal Credit at various leadership forums.
- Ensure that the Bank’s business is conducted in compliance with the PRA and FCA Rules and Principles, and other regulatory guidance, and that the Bank complies with the spirit and requirement of the Codes of Conduct to which it is committed.
- Oversee the local adaptation and implementation of Group sponsored initiatives and strategy.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance related subject
- Membership of Institute of Banking or equivalent
- Membership of Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA) or equivalent
- Accountability for a portfolio driven credit management approach based on analytics
- Optimising automated decisioning/digital strategy through responsibility for development and application of credit risk models
- Operating at senior management level in Credit Risk
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Credit activities within a Financial Services organisation
- Senior Manager experience in Personal Banking Credit
- Personal Banking lending experience
- Deliver at Pace
- Act with Integrity
- Expect to Win
- Think and Act Flexibly
- Transform and Innovate
- Perform and Grow
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 30 March 2018.