Head of Product
- £100k+ depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Aug 18 2018-08-02
Responsible for both internal product development and external exposure of Littlepay’s overall suite of products and solutions, this is a senior position that reports directly of the CEO and from which the departmental heads in each field seek guidance. He/she will lead product development but also provide insight and support to the company’s interaction with industry stakeholders and regulators. The role carries responsibility for maintaining product vision by validating customer problems and designing solutions and propositions to them. The candidate will need to encompass all levels of product management and will need to guide other departments to execute product vision.
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY - HEAD OF PRODUCT LITTLEPAY LTD.
Littlepay was founded in 2015 to tackle the problem of high cash collection costs and lack of economic alternatives. We first employed a contactless transaction payment solution in Oxford, across 300 buses. since then we have successfully deployed our solution to more than 10,000 buses all around the UK and Ireland.
Littlepay has built a secure, end-to-end processing platform that gives operators in transit and mobility hardware vendors and passengers a smoother ride. Our Core platform seamlessly processes contactless Visa and MasterCard transit transactions, while intelligently managing risk and tracking performance. Our solution integrates with existing contactless readers and banks.
About the position:
The Head of Product is responsible for both internal product development and external exposure of Littlepay’s overall suite of products and solutions. It is a senior position that reports directly of the CEO and from which the departmental heads in each field seek guidance. He/she will also lead on product development, and provide insight and support to the company’s interaction with industry stakeholders and government regulators.
The role carries responsibility for establishing and maintaining product vision by validating customer and client problems, and designing solutions and propositions. The input of stakeholders and lobby groups requires a product evaluation, and the consequent formation of product strategy and road maps. The candidate will need to encompass all levels of Product Manager operations (CPO/VP Product/Head of Product/Senior Product Manager). It will be necessary to guide and coach other departments to execute the product vision. Strategic insight, creative design, astute product delivery and product management expertise are all required to deploy features and functionality rapidly to the market.
The role requires daily direct interaction with prospective customers, hardware vendors and clients. Qualities of candour, empathy, technical and business prowess are needed to balance often conflicting priorities for clients and our internal teams.
As the role is both domestic and international, around 30% of working time is abroad.
The successful candidate should provide leadership as:
- An internal and external champion and subject matter expert for Littlepay’s overall suite of products and solutions.
- A thought leader through authorship in trade journals, lectures, etc. in mass transit, payments and Product Management.
- The holder of responsibility for a global product roadmap, with the involvement of external stakeholders and internal teams.
- The leader in the development and execution of product strategy, including positioning pricing, promotion, distribution and process across the overall suites of Littlepay’s suite of product and solutions.
- The provider of insight and support of the company’s interaction with industry, regulators and government.
- The monitor of the regulatory landscape and external market trends.
The position requires its execution in the following ways:
- Lead required user testing and customer research to validate problems and solutions and to ensure the product requirements match end user needs.
- Lead the designing, wireframing, and prototyping of new features.
- Manage all integrations to Littlepay’s Core platform, including card acceptance devices/terminals/validators, merchant acquirers, payment networks, transit fare engines, and other related systems.
- Set clear goals and manage projects with the technical teams and engineering leads and other team members to ensure timely releases.
- Set forth clear management plans for product release, workflows and processes. High level strategic thinking and commercial acumen.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills and focus, including a capacity to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time in accordance with strict client deadlines, with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise high level judgement and discretion.
- Demonstrated adherence to a high standard of professional principles to ensure honesty, integrity and ethical decision-making in all situations.
- Demonstrated experience in producing written and verbal communications (e.g. sales proposal presentations, value propositions to customers, board reports, status reports) with executive teams, boards and senior client stakeholders.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Minimum seven years’ experience of: Strategy Consulting, Innovation and Product Management with in Transit and Digital payments including E-commerce, contactless and NFC.
- Proven Product Leadership experience having been Chief Product Officer, VP of Product, Product Director or Head of Product in a high growth Transit, Digital Payments, and/or Technology company.
- Proven experience in successful management of software development projects and product delivery through influencing others to achieve mutually aligned goals, ensuring all agreed objectives and timescales are met and quality and financial targets are delivered.
- Proven experience establishing and managing Agile processes and culture of start-up environments or high-growth technology companies that often have changing work dynamics and priorities.
- Proven experience in creating business and pricing strategy, business cases and financial models ideally from previous roles in corporate strategy and/or consulting.
- Relevant knowledge of compliance and regulation for Transit, digital payments (Card Issuing and Banks) and associate retail financial services.
- Proven business analysis, product and portfolio planning and management skills in high-growth technology companies and/or start-ups.
- University degree in business, design, and technology.
- Education to MBA level or equivalent.
Location: Central London
Salary: £100,000 plus
Type of employment: Permanent
Applications addressed to: Littlepay Ltd. Aldwych House 71 - 91 Aldwych London WC2B 4HN
Closing date for applications: 01.09.2018
SOC code: 2133