Head of Reward
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Head of Reward
At EY, the centralised Reward and Recognition Team provide services to a number of different operating divisions in the UK and Ireland. The team are a centre of excellence offering strategic advice as part of the firms Remuneration Committee, managing employee benefits through FlexEY, providing the firms recognition portal as well as the practical planning and execution of the salary review process for circa 18,000 employees based in the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands. Reward and Recognition is central to the Talent Team and the EY employee experience. Over the last two years there has been a strong focus on enhancing the understanding and transparency of what 'Total Reward' means at EY especially in light of the bold move to remove pay awards based on a traditional ratings system. With multiple senior stakeholders to influence and manage, this is an exciting time to join the Reward Function to continue to build on the Reward and Recognition vision for the firm. As part of a Global Organisation the leader of the Reward Function will also be expected to be part of the wider Global Reward network and contribute to the global Reward and Recognition strategy, influencing global thinking, as well as implementing global recommendations in the UK&I Region.
We are looking for a highly experienced Reward and Recognition Leader who is used to operating in a complex and matrixed based organisation. The ability to operate at Board level and influence at Senior levels is essential. However, this role is solely responsible for employee reward and recognition up to Director level; Partner pay is managed by a Partner Matters team.
The successful candidate will:
· Report to and work directly for the UKI Regional Talent Leader with a close working relationship with the UK&I COO who chairs the UK&I REMCO
· Team closely with (i) the Global and Area Reward Leadership and other key stakeholders (ii) the UKI, Executive and FSO Talent teams to ensure alignment in reward practices (iii) UKI CFO to ensure appropriate governance around budgets and pay planning (iv) Service Line and Operations Teams especially through salary review planning and execution
· Have a strong background and experience, in Reward strategies and transformation and strong team leadership skills. This is not a back-office role and requires considerable stakeholder engagement and willingness to meet the business
The Leader of the Reward and Recognition Team will:
· Lead a specialist centralised team of four reward specialists as well as two recognition experts. Experience in working as part of a virtual team is essential as not all team members are based in London and flexible working is encouraged at all levels
· Deliver practical and creative reward solutions that may vary by Service Line or Operating Unit.
· Establish and maintain strong and effective stakeholder relationships with the UK&I and FSO COO as well as the UK&I REMCO. This individual must have the capability to influence at the most senior levels as most stakeholders will be Partners of the firm
· Continually evolve and improve governance and structure of the annual salary review process covering over 18,000 employees and continue to implement improvements and changes required year on year;
· Leverage technology based salary planning tool and online self-serve Compensation Statements to execute annual salary and VPS process.
· A knowledge of on-line compensation planning tools is essential with knowledge of CURO a distinct advantage
· Align market benchmarking to business context delivering strategic and insightful pay decisions for Service Lines, CBS and the Firm as a whole;
· Work with the business to ensure there is an appropriate pay band framework in each Service Line and the use of Unique Job Identifiers (UJI's) is maintained to facilitate career progression, tailored to technical disciplines and support roles as appropriate
· Continue to evolve variable pay across the Firm - build on the newly introduced schemes based on performance shares and performance awards offering greater transparency to all employees
· Develop Total Reward Communications to improve employee understanding of the broader employee value proposition and concept of Total Reward at EY;
· Review the flexible benefits offering taking into account current and proposed legislation changes which may impact the fairness and efficiency of the current offering
· Support the review of the current Recognition platform and the potential implementation of a replacement or upgrade.
· Lead submissions to external engagement surveys including Best Companies on an annual basis;
· Continue to evolve the Financial Wellbeing Platform
· Maintain HR metrics toolkit to enable measurement and tracking, inform HR strategy and policy decisions. Ensure that the firm is complaint with all pay related legislation and monitor compliance with the Real Living Wage and National Minimum Wage
· Provide vendor management for Flexible Benefits, Recognition Awards and Lifestyle Management platforms.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A minimum 15+ years of senior reward experience with at least 5 years at Senior Manager/Director level
· Significant experience in leading the implementation of reward strategies and technological change across a matrix and complex global environment
· A motivational thought leader with the ability to see the big picture and lead teams effectively and pragmatically through change
· A strong team player that understands the benefits of establishing high performing teams to drive business performance
· An ability to work in ambiguous situations and at a fast pace; the ability flex and adapt to different situations is also essential
· An ability to interact and communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders, at multiple levels within and outside the organisation with the ultimate aim of building trusted relationships
· Experience of performing complex and detailed analytics and creating pay review models
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
· Extensive experience of job analysis and benchmarking
· Strong Excel skills and analytics
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.