Head of Risk Management
- Up to £140,000 pa + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 17 Dec 18
Our client is one of the world’s largest international banks with offices based in the City.
- All activities within Risk Management, which covers Basel Implementation, Portfolio management, Risk Policy, Risk Data and System, Provisioning, Market Risk, Operational Risk, and Risk support etc.
- To enhance the Bank wide framework for identifying, measuring, evaluating, controlling, monitoring and reporting the credit, market and operational risks. Co-ordinate with other Second Line areas (Credit Risk, Compliance, Liquidity etc.) for enterprise-wide risk management.
- Capital Adequacy planning for the business (ICAAP).
- To support sustainable and healthy business development at acceptable risks to the Bank
- To ensure the timely maintenance and consistency of risk policies and procedures across the Bank, and also to ensure the group policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- To maintain good communication with Head Office
- To provide risk management services to the London Branch in line with the Service Level Agreement between the Branch and Subsidiary
- Supporting the CRO with the provision of reports and statistics for General Management, Head Office and regulators as applicable.
- Present Reports on Risk Management to the Board Risk Committee, the Audit Committee and the ALCO.
- Ensuring that work is carried out accurately and within the time limits set.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the operations of the department avoiding any losses and meeting financial and non-financial targets
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements, including anti-money laundering, internal controls and all Bank and departmental policies and procedures are complied with including business continuity planning etc.
- Experience of performance management and staff development
- Abundant experience in Basel II and III implementation, especially in credit, market and operational risk quantitative models and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of banking products and risks associated with them including portfolio management, operational and market risk.
- Thorough knowledge on Enterprise wide Risk Management (ERM) and risk universe management.
- Experience of default modelling and IFRS9
- A strong understanding of Basel , PRA/FCA and EU regulatory requirements.