Head of Risk Management and DD
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Decusis Capital
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Decusis Capital is a thesis-driven fund of funds investing exclusively in the digital asset space.
We believe cryptographically-bounded protocols will form the basis for the next generation of the internet and disrupt entire industries in much the same way as the web has over the past two decades, creating significant opportunity for investment.
Summary of the role
This is a varied role in a small, demanding team. You will be expected to wear two hats. The first revolves around defining and executing on a risk management framework across the fund and the firm. The second is to lead on operational due diligence on candidate funds and managers.
Portfolio Risk Management
You will define and implement our risk management strategy. This will involve:
- Calculating and monitoring performance, volatility, correlation and greek ratios at a portfolio and individual fund level.
- Modelling the effects of the inclusion of candidate funds to the portfolio.
- Calculating, monitoring and reporting on the fund’s liquidity.
- Monitoring exposure levels to underlying assets.
- Extensive stress testing and scenario analysis on the portfolio.
Additionally, you will:
- Keep up to date with industry news and regulatory changes to be able to assess the impact of such changes on risk management of the portfolio.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to the Investment Committee.
Our mandate is broad, and the portfolio will include strategies such as VC, micro-cap, event-driven, algorithmic and quant.
This is a nascent, unsophisticated and volatile asset class, and you should expect to do a lot of thinking around the nature of calculating risk as it pertains to digital assets. Abnormal risk signatures will be the norm and data sets which you took for granted will be sparse, incomplete or non-existent.
Conduct operational due diligence on candidate funds and managers, including:
- Business operating model, organisation, staffing, legal structure.
- Trading, trade processing, trade reconciliation processes, IT systems & custody.
- Fund valuation processes, fund administration.
- Internal control, regulatory and compliance.
- Legal documentation.
- Taxation structure, liabilities, potential implications.
- Third party service providers (OTC, exchanges, auditors, fund’s administrator, directors…).
- Cross-check information provided by managers with independent sources.
- Conduct monitoring reviews and manager visit reports with invested managers.
- Review funds and managers audited financial statements.
The candidate will be expected to produce written due diligence reports for the above, for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- University graduate with a finance-related degree.
- Professional qualifications are desirable though not essential.
- 4+ years experience as a risk analyst at a fund of funds, a sophisticated multi-strategy hedge fund or similar.
- Demonstrable career progression.
Above all we require a deep sense of integrity, honesty and fiduciary responsibility.
Location & particulars:
- The role is based in London
- Competitive. Please click the Apply button below and include your CV and details of your current remuneration