Head of Risk & Compliance
Join us as an Operational Risk Manager
What you'll do
- This key role will see you providing oversight and challenge to the first line of defence on material risks, their impact on risk appetite and overall adherence to the operational risk framework
- We'll look to you to provide technical expertise and challenge to the development of a risk appetite framework for execution related operational risks
- You'll have a real opportunity to add value and deliver lasting results in this role, while building meaningful relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
As an Operational Risk Manager, you'll be overseeing the operational risk framework in each business to make sure it's fit for purpose including communication, training and awareness of these frameworks and the three lines of defence model, including conducting suitable assurance.
Alongside this, you'll be providing a credible, second line of defence challenge to business senior management, business teams and policy standard owners on the effective management of operational risks.
You'll manage regulatory risks including the interpretation and implementation of regulatory requirements, and any associated remediation activities, as well as provide guidance and support to Product and Operational teams to ensure delivery and customer service meet regulatory obligations.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Acting as Esme's main interface for senior risk colleagues, first line of defence and second line of defence in the design and implementation of regulation driven policies
- Owning key risk processes, working with the business and second line of defence to design and implement solutions which meet the needs of the business whilst ensuring Esme remains within stated risk appetite
- Driving delivery of risk change projects and remediation programmes, ensuring appropriate plans and oversight is in place
- Detecting inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate execution related operational risk to the desired level and challenging the appropriateness of risk appetite
- Gathering intelligence and building actionable insights, using internal and external sources, and validating the identification and assessment of operational risk, highlighting any material risks overlooked
- Undertaking regular business reviews of material risks and of adherence across all operational risk, and using the output to inform debate and action with business executives and senior management
- Providing expertise to business management and policy standard owners on the identification, assessment and control of operational risk
- Driving focus and action on building a strong level of resilience into critical processes in the bank through influence and challenge at senior levels
We're looking for someone with significant financial services experience involving senior management positions, and a strong track record of delivery across multiple businesses, involving complex stakeholder, process and technology issues. Along with this, you'll have knowledge of the regulatory environment pertaining to large, complex financial service organisations and the ability to maintain industry risk management leadership with high levels of awareness of front line processes, including hands on practical experience.
You'll also need:
- Experience in operational risk methodologies including regulations, capital adequacy requirements, framework design and deployment and oversight challenge
- A strong understanding of operational risks relevant to key business activities undertaken in a financial services organisation
- A proven track record of practical application of controls to manage risk at a senior level
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- The ability to consistently exercise sound and decisive judgement
- Strong communication and organisational skills