Head of Risk (primarily Credit Risk with broader responsibility for Compliance and Operational Risk) - Debt Financing lender to the Music, Sporting & Lifestyle sectors
- Competitive Salary, employee benefits and very exciting "upside" potential
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Carnegie Consulting
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
An absolutely unique role representing a huge career opportunity. My client is growing, entrepreneurial, dynamic, and without comparison. An unbelievably exciting business that operates within a very modish number of sectors! You will have a strength in technical credit risk that underpins your broader experience, which, could perhaps loosely be described as Enterprise Risk.
- This is without a doubt a unique role that will offer the fortunate chosen candidate an unbelievable career opportunity within a “one-off” company that is ambitious, truly entrepreneurial and very, very “cool”
- Working for this incredibly exciting investment boutique with a unique product / service proposition, you will play an integral part in the anticipated growth of the business which has already grown demonstrably since inception – it is in a very exciting place and despite its boutique size is already a market leader in a number of its key areas of specialism
- This is a newly created opportunity. It’s broad purpose is to take responsibility for the overall management and oversight of all of my clients’ risk exposures including deal / credit risk, compliance, operational risk etc. – anything that would adversely affect the organisation
- These will largely be focused around Credit Risk considerations around their deals, but, will also include responsibility for the oversight of the other risk exposures as described above
- This is a key role within the business operating at the highest level and play a key part in the independent review of all credit risk related matters. You will participate in all deal focused credit review meetings with the power of vito, and, be concerned with both the approval of new deals as well as the ongoing monitoring of deals within the portfolio
- Through your demonstrable passion for music and / or sport and / or entertainment, you will quickly become an "expert" on the nuances of these industries and be able to add value to the proposition through your knowledge and keen interest
- Through use of your very strong financial modelling skills and proven credit risk skills you will be able to see the bigger picture and be able to add well needed “objectivity” with regards to sometimes very complex financing deals, which, in the majority of cases are completely unique and "one offs"
- You will have ownership of the Risk Register and Compliance functions
- Your key foundations will be based around credit analysis and identifying credit / deal related risks. This will be underpinned by very strong financial statement analysis experience and a high level of intellectual curiosity and commercial acumen. The Credit Portfolio Management team is highly experienced, so, it is imperative that your specific credit experience are at least a match for theirs
- It is vital that your experience is broader than pure Credit Analysis around lending. The bandwidth of this role is huge, and, whilst it is perhaps not essential that you have detailed experience of operational risk, compliance etc., you must have had some broader relevant experience touching on a number of these areas and an interest in them – this is perhaps most likely to have come from working within a similarly boutique business
- The working culture at my client is progressive, busy, highly collegiate and sometimes a little chaotic. This role is paramount in helping implement further layers of corporate governance within their growing infrastructure, and, lay the foundations for a scalable business structure that will satisfy both their future anticipated growth, as well as keeping ahead of the increasing regulatory pressures surrounding operating within standards that exceed “best practices”
- A demonstrable personal interest in sport, music and / or entertainment would be advantageous too!
- Be interested in working for a unique business proposition
- Possess a truly entrepreneurial approach to your work