Health Transformation Programme - Head of Service Optimisation Up to £85,000, up to 30% pension contributions and great benefits package
Deputy Director - Health Transformation Programme - Head of Service Optimisation
The Health Transformation Programme (HTP) was established to offer a more joined-up service to over two million disabled people annually by integrating the services that deliver Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Work Capability Assessments (WCAs) and a number of other disability related benefits.
Its main aim is to deliver a single, integrated service for all functional health assessments that support the strategic goals of DWP. The Programme is one of the Department's Government Major Project Portfolio programmes due to its complexity and expenditure.
This role holder is primarily responsible for the successful development, delivery, evaluation and expansion of the Departmental Transformation Area. This is an opportunity to develop a radically transformed service using agile methodologies in a controlled environment.
Transforming the service requires engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders such as disabled people, health care professionals and DWP functional areas to ensure a full range of views are captured, addressed and implemented.
This role is an exciting one that includes responsibility for embedding agile methodologies, leading a multi-disciplinary team and evolution of the HTP cost model to support key decisions.
Job description Create and deliver transformative change
You have the ability to challenge the status quo, think creatively and develop new solutions. You can draw on the ideas of others and create environments that are truly innovative in order to drive transformation. You are willing to disrupt existing practice with an appropriate level of risk and gather evidence to support new ways of working. Agile Solutions Development
You have significant experience delivering agile solutions and can utilise these in a operational setting to create optimal outcomes. You are able to work in complex programme environments bringing together a diverse range of specialists in order to achieve this. Planning
You are able to define and produce the project components required to support transformation, such as a comprehensive cost model. You can demonstrate knowledge and experience of producing plans that balance risk and opportunity to provide a consolidated overview of a project.
Your skills and responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the programme through a deep understanding of the aims of the transformation.
- Align and embed agile methodologies to deliver transformed services into a complex operating environment.
- Support the overall design of the project and the temporary organisation needed to deliver it, bringing together different specialisms to achieve the shared objective.
- Ensure alignment with key areas such as operations, service delivery and digital, seeking to deliver the Programmes Target Operating Model (TOM) in an Agile environment, whilst joining up specialist functions to create a single programme mind-set.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction, to ensure that the Departmental Transformation Area (DTA) is a success.
- Support and engage with colleagues across the department in adapting to deliver the responses to the DTA.
- Ensure the development and evolution of a relevant cost model to support prioritisation and decision making.
- Provide open and engaging senior and visible leadership to both your work area and teams as well as actively contribute to the wider leadership of the Department.
- Create and sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop stronger working across DWP to create powerful, purposeful partnerships.
- In your membership of Senior Leadership Teams, role model exceptional leadership, working flexibly across boundaries, building capability in line with Professional Standards and undertaking regular activity to build and sustain engagement.
- Demonstrate strong and effective change management; and be accountable for the delivery and quality of activity in your area.
- Through your behaviour and ways of working make DWP an inclusive place where people can be at their best.