This role will own, develop and embed our supplier governance and policies, implementing and providing the oversight framework in order to maximise the long term value from all that Schroders procures.
Who we're looking for
This role will own, develop and embed our supplier governance and policies, implementing and providing the oversight framework in order to maximise the long term value from all that Schroders procures. This will involve embedding best practice, the roles and responsibilities of colleagues across the organisation, ensuring compliance with policies, maintenance of all supplier data and due diligence activities, onboarding of suppliers and effective purchasing of goods and services to meet agreed service levels supporting business colleagues.
The role will be UK based. The Head of Supplier Oversight and Governance will set the oversight and reporting requirements in order to meet business and regulatory objectives.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
What you'll do
The Head of Supplier Oversight and Governance responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Team management - ongoing development of existing staff and new hires, retention of key staff, recruitment, continuity and succession planning.
- Ensure that the teams are at all times correctly resourced and appropriately skilled to deliver on their objectives.
- Provide guidance on all areas of supplier lifecycle and business areas to direct reports and the wider team as required.
- Embedding best practice supplier management and oversight aligned to the Group Procurement and Outsource and Supplier Oversight policies.
- Coordinating the de-centralised supplier oversight framework, supporting, advising and collaborating with Business Owners globally to ensure compliance with supply chain policy and governance, develop supplier relationships, and enable oversight reporting capabilities.
- Ensuring all existing and potential supplier services are subject to criticality assessments and risks captured.
- Maintaining the Outsourcing Register including the record of Business Owners, contracts, criticality and associated due diligence activities
- Managing the Procurement Operations Desk to ensure services level are met with respect to purchasing of goods and services and supplier onboarding.
- Continuously improving and managing the new supplier due diligence, on-boarding and purchasing processes,
- Setting the due diligence requirements and coordinating with technical specialists to implement and manage the due diligence schedule including focus on areas such as corporate responsibility, modern slavery, credit, operational, legal, data and financial crime risk.
- Working closely with Group Risk to ensure third party risks are identified, owned, managed and have agreed mitigating actions in place.
- Working with Business Owners, maintaining oversight of supplier reviews and outputs, ensuring they meet regulatory requirements
- Design and embedding oversight reporting capabilities and continuously improving performance and risk assessment governance and metrics.
- Ensuring robust processes and controls are in place to manage all supplier information is recorded, maintained and regularly reviewed.
- Supporting contract reviews and renewals as required, ensuring correct governance is followed.
- Leading the operating model design for the oversight framework considering contract and supplier management technology.
- Supporting Compliance monitoring and Internal Audit exercises, ensuring actions are completed within deadline.
- Data analytics to inform strategy and enable oversight capabilities.
- Capture of all contract and supplier related information to provide proficient reporting.
- Champion continual improvement and procurement best practice within the global business.
- Contributing to the strategic goals of Procurement, Finance and Schroders.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Demonstrable experience of designing, owning and implementing a supplier management and oversight framework
- Experience of leading procurement operations meeting service level and effective KPI reporting.
- Contract review and data capture to enable reporting and oversight to Board level.
- Extensive experience of managing third party relationships in a financial services / regulated environment.
- Experience of leading supplier management and oversight delivery in a regulated environment, including setting the strategy, developing a roadmap and executing against it.
- Ability to consider wider business strategy and align functional strategy accordingly.
- Ability and experience coordinating due diligence activities across technical specialists (e.g. Operational Risk, Information Security, Credit Risk, Financial Crime, Legal) globally.
- Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Technical experience of design and implementing contract database / supplier management systems.
- Track record of global/regional delivery across complex environments.
- Demonstrable experience operating in a commercially focussed / strategic procurement team.
- Proactivity, positivity and tenacity; demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity in the role Group Procurement and Schroders perform and the impact we have on the market.
- Demonstrable experience of utilising and managing procurement systems and tools.
- Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information, bringing insight.
- Strong negotiation skills.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.