One of the world's largest hedge funds, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most prestigious technology teams in systematic trading in an agile, hands-on tech manager role. With a flat-structured, 'no-attitude' working environment, this is a great time to join as engineering is currently undergoing significant investment. The Role
This is a highly collaborative position, working with Quants and Engineers across the business as you link together the various facets of the simulation, analytics & reporting platform. You'll monitor gearing, allocations and implementation shortfall, as well as developing and supporting production optimisers, and implementing the necessary engineering identified by PM research.
The majority of the firm's systems run on Linux and most code is written in Python, including extensive use of numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc. But they're also constantly evaluating new technologies, tools and libraries.
The successful Head of Technology will have excellent engineering skills, good financial markets experience, and a good working knowledge of statistics. Key Requirements
- Strong portfolio optimisation/construction experience is a must-have
- Excellent team management and communication skills
- Demonstrable programming experience in Python is essential (Java & C++ desirable)
- Substantial quant development engineering experience
- Experience of the challenges of dealing with large datasets (structured and unstructured)
- Used a range of open-source frameworks and development tools, e.g. NumPy/SciPy/Pandas, Spark, Kafka, Flink
- Working knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies, e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, ArcticDB.
- Proficient on Linux
- Competitive salary + generous bonuses
- Extra perks including a personal development allowance and sponsorship
- Central London office with a very smart, friendly tech team
- Flat-structured, transparent and collaborative environment, 'no-attitude' culture
- Regular social events, plus annual company trips and team offsites
To apply for this role, or for further information, please contact: Maia Ellis
020 3745 6539