Head of Treasury Operations
- GBP75000 - GBP100000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Our client is looking to recruit a London based Head of Treasury Operations to join them. Managing a large team and forming a key part of Treasury management team this role will have full visibility and influence across the banks treasury function.
A Retail Bank with a strong national presence.
Leading a large team based in Lodnon the Head of Treasury Operations will have key focus on:
- Leadingthe team to develop and deliver processes for the settlement of all Treasury Transactions originating in the Treasury Markets.
- Provide support to colleagues to how to book transaction. Help deliver the Treasury System architecture and operating model ensuring the highest standards of compliance. Design, develop and deliver a streamlined operating model covering all bank entities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensures Treasury settlements processes are effective and in line with business and customer requirements and that they adhere to agreed industry standards
- Act as a key stakeholder in the delivery of settlement services to Treasury.
- Creates a culture of openness, fresh thinking and a sense of success that promotes pride in what is delivered by the Treasury Operations Team
- Drive team performance and provide training and development opportunities to ensure great place to grow and develop
- Lead, motivate and develop the Treasury Operations team to ensure an effective working environment, strong employee commitment and engagement and consistently high performance.
- As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, encourage colleagues to think about and act on the total performance of the business and represent Treasury Operations at a range of bank wide forums.
- As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan to ensure Operations and the wider organisation meets its objectives.
- Management of collateral and cash in relation to the Bank's accounts, collateral agreements and payment systems.
- Drives forward business initiatives to improve current processes and achieve cost efficiencies
- Develops and owns Treasury Settlement systems strategy
- Leads and supports the delivery Treasury IS/IT or change projects
- Oversees the monitoring, reporting and control of intraday liquidity and the flow of RTGS (CHAPS) payments to minimise liquidity costs and in accordance with the FCA handbook covering intraday liquidity
- Oversee the movement and settlement of securities registered on the Crest & Euroclear systems
- Understanding of Treasury products and all aspects of Settlements
- Management of cashflow (intra day liquidity)
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and trends in the development of Treasury instruments
- Knowledge of the Group
- Understanding of developments in the banking industry
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Effective intra group networking of relationships within the new merged organisation
- Treasury products/Debt capital markets/ fixed income including ABS/MBS
- Strong technical knowledge of settlement processes and payment systems
- Good appreciation of Risk especially operational Risk
- Understand Money Laundering obligations of the Bank
- Tenacity, lateral thinking and attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to articulate a future vision
The Head of Treasury Operations is a great chance for the successful incumbent to further their career, coming from either a treasury or banking operations background.