Head of UK Institutional
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
Head of UK Institutional
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Head of UK Institutional to join our International Advisory Services team in London.
What is the Head of UK Institutional responsible for?
As Head of UK Institutional you'll be responsible for developing and delivering the agreed UK institutional strategy and will directly oversee relationships with field consultants, along with Sales and Client Service activities whilst working closely with Global Consultant Relations who manage our Global Consultant relationships.
You'll also have line management responsibility for the UK institutional team, setting channel and team objectives consistent with the overall strategy; and will identify and adopt institutional best practice to ensure the profitable growth of our UK institutional business.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Head of UK Institutional?
• Drive the strategy for institutional clients within the UK
• Contribute to consultant relations, sales and, where required, client service activates
• Participate in product development and strategy discussions
• Work closely with supporting functional areas to ensure they are in the best position to support any institutional actives
• Participate and contribute to Industry Forums
• Attend Institutional Conferences
• Seek to improve our processes and procedures
• Support and implement change both within Institutional and the wider business
• Guide the team towards achieving department and company/channel goals
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Substantial relevant experience of the UK institutional market
• Strong record of personal success in the UK institutional market
• Prior experience of leading a UK institutional team
• Experience of successfully defining and delivering a successful UK institutional strategy
• Ideally CFA qualified, with IMA qualification as a minimum
• Current relevant knowledge of consultants based in the UK (global and local)
• Excellent current competitor knowledge
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners
• Knowledge of how the consultant model is evolving, and the resultant business opportunities that may arise
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills - for verbal updates in formal or informal settings, this requires exceptional organisational and investment knowledge, the ability to handle challenging questions and the ability to present the material in a logical, professional and understandable manner
• Excellent leadership, with a team focus and working collaboratively
• Maintain a supportive, positive attitude within the organisation and with our clients and consultants, sharing appropriate information with colleagues
• Team player who earns respect and commitment by leading from the front
• Proven ability to coach and develop others
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.