Head of UK Trust & Depositary (Executive Manager)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Head of UK Trust & Depositary (Executive Manager)
The Head of UK Trust & Depositary is responsible for managing depositary activities in the UK that include: Client relationship Management, Service delivery, Client satisfaction, setting the strategic direction for the business and ensuring the business adhere to all relevant risk, compliance and regulatory guidelines.
The team supporting UK clients consists of approx. 70 staff and the Head of UK T & D will have direct responsibility for the management and development of staff, in accordance with BNYM policies and practices.
He/She is responsible for ensuring the bank's compliance with UK, AIFMD and UCITSV regulations in the provision of these services, in addition to ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the clients Service Level Agreement.
He/she participates in the design and implementation of the pan European Trustee and Depositary technology and operating model, to achieve continuous improvements and shared efficiencies.
He/she will play a key role in the effective governance of the EMEA region and BNYMIL offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/ Council/ Board Members fulfill their role and responsibilities of which they are a member. In relation to UK T&D activity/clients, He/She will ensure all activities associated with UK contracted clients are correctly recorded and discussed in the various BNYMIL and EMEA committee's forums, and boards.
Key Responsibilities (primary purpose):
• Key contact person for the FCA/PRA for all UK T&D depositary matters
• Responsible for developing and articulating the UK strategy for T&D aligning this with the broader BNYMIL, EMEA T&D and Asset Servicing vision
• Responsible for managing the relationships with T&D clients in conjunction with the broader BNYM client owners within the firm
• Acting as senior escalation point for client issues related to T&D, ensuring timely and satisfactory resolution.
• Responsible for working with product, sales and marketing to articulate our value proposition, participating in RFP and client presentations to generate revenue growth.
• Responsible for overseeing those activities outsourced to other BNYM entities.
• Gathers market information, networking and promoting the Bank's presence/ expertise in the market (e.g. panelist at conference, meeting with industry stakeholders…)
Education & Experience
University degree; Minimum 15/20 years relevant experience in managing Trustee and Depositary services (or an equivalent field, such as Custody and Fund Accounting etc.). Extensive client management experience with a proven track record in generating and executing on new business opportunities; exposure to managing complex and demanding clients and comfortable presenting in front of legal entity and fund boards. Experience in multi-national companies working in a matrix organization is essential.
Specific knowledge requirements
• Familiar with both multi-national and domestic clients, their product requirements and the appropriate AIFMD and UCITS regulations.
• In-depth knowledge of risk management in relation to depository services in particular risk restitution.
• Strong communicator with motivational mindset and ability to identify and develop emerging talent
• Proven intercultural abilities
• Experience in project management
• Change Leadership - Continuously seeking and encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities.
• Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results.
• Building Organizational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
• Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities.
• Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70174
Organization: ASSET SERVICING EMEA-HR06400
Requisition Number: 1807050