Hedge Accounting & Valuation Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BSM Group
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
BSM Group are representing a client seeking a Hedge Accounting & Valuation Consultant based in London/New York.
- Advise and support clients in the delivery of hedge accounting reports, valuation statements, and all other services/products delivered as part of the business.
- Manage the day-day administration of the business, including the appropriate procedures for client onboarding, the addition of new users and new client trades on the web based application. In addition, ensure that comprehensive and robust procedures and controls are in place and adhered to in respect data integrity testing.
- Ensure that the business is run strictly in accordance with its SOC 1 policies and procedures and be the key contact point for future SOC audits.
- Oversee the billing process for the business.
- Remain fully up to date with all accounting standards relevant to the provision of hedge accounting services in different jurisdictions. Create an awareness of these standards and their implication for business.
- Develop the business by managing and nurturing current client relationships. Also, work closely with other consultants in the development of strategies, setting objectives, policies and plans, including identifying and targeting potential clients.
- Work with developers, and the firm’s Treasury team, to enhance the firm’s web-based hedge valuation offering.
- In addition to client assignments, work with the rest of the team in connection with marketing and selling business services to its existing and new client base.
- You will also as and when required assist in the day to day tasks connected with the operation of the firm.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, including hands-on responsibility with the appropriate attention to detail for the delivery of hedge accounting and valuation services
- Ability to understand the financial risks faced by a business for which the firm provides hedge accounting and hedge valuation services
- Experience working with, and managing, strict adherence to SOC 1 controls
- Current knowledge of all relevant accounting standards (accounting qualification would be an advantage)
- Highly professional approach commensurate with the ability to provide successful presentations to financial sponsors and the senior management of operating companies
- A strong desire to grow the business and have direct impact on its success
- Self-motivated; possessing tenacity and having perseverance
- Consultative style; strong listening skills, articulate. Able to communicate simply and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and a balanced open personality, straightforward in style with a sense of humour; an excellent relationship builder
- Relish the opportunity in which he/she can ultimately directly drive compensation
- Willingness to travel when necessary