- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Jun 19
Hedge Fund Credit Officer # 130523
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
- Proactive management of the credit risks arising from Hedge Funds, Fund of Hedge Funds, Fund of Private Equity and Family Offices based in the EMEA region including support of several of the bank's key clients.
- Undertaking, participation in and leading risk focused due diligence meetings with external clients (Partners, CIO's and CRO's).
- Credit risk analysis: Review and analysis of constitutional documentation; qualitative, quantitative and financial analysis to determine internal credit ratings and risks at both the hedge fund group and individual fund level; and ultimately determination of our credit risk appetite.
- Work closely with senior Directors and Managing Directors in front office business units across CS divisions including Prime Services and Fund Linked Products as well as other support areas (e.g. market risk, Collateral Management and Legal) in onboarding clients, creating client solutions and trade approvals.
- Trade and transaction analysis and assessment within existing limits or via a personal delegated credit authority including re-structuring or amending transactions, if necessary, to comply with risk appetite.
- Setting transaction level initial margin amounts as appropriate on risk-based fundamentals.
- Trading documentation: Understanding of and establishment of credit risk related terms across full suite of trading documentation, liaising with legal department, clients and/or their lawyers in negotiation of terms.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Experience credit risk management professional already working in a major commercial or investment bank
- It is essential he or she will have experience working in Credit Risk Management with a focus on hedge funds
- Good analytical and quantitative skills and excellent product knowledge, specifically Equity Derivatives, Cleared Products, Prime Brokerage and Fixed Income