High-Performance Computing Developers
- Highly competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 06 Dec 18
Successful candidates will enjoy building a new technology from almost the ground up. You will get to write HPC software that runs on a cluster containing 12,500 CPUs, 330 TB’s of memory and 34 PB’s of usable storage, and it currently pushes around a terabit/sec of throughput. You will get to operate in an environment where improvements and new ideas can be made/implemented with great agility and speed. Results of your work, changes and ideas are quickly visible and can make huge impacts on the business.
- Passionate about HPC Software and Infrastructure?
- Have excellent programming skills and depth of understanding in Matlab and/or Python?
- Broad experience designing and developing robust and powerful code?
- Enjoy fast-paced, dynamic and scientifically advanced environments?
- Curious about combining Financial Markets, AI and Technology?
- Love technical problem-solving?
If you answered yes? Then this position is the best on the market!
High-Performance Computing Developer x2
This is a brand new team that will be responsible for delivering high-performance computing software infrastructure for the company’s innovative and elite quantitative researchers. Robust, scalable code underpins the success of the firm’s research. The team will be responsible for the design and development of the full research framework including but not limited to: Task scheduling and distribution engines, mechanisms for error handling and automated recovery for large batches, and quantitative surveillance systems for trend and event monitoring. Successful candidates will enjoy building a new technology from almost the ground up. You will get to write HPC software that runs on a cluster containing 12,500 CPUs, 330 TB’s of memory and 34 PB’s of usable storage, and it currently pushes around a terabit/sec of throughput. You will get to operate in an environment where improvements and new ideas can be made/implemented with great agility and speed. Results of your work, changes and ideas are quickly visible and can make huge impacts on the business.
- Strong production level programming skills utilising MATLAB and/or Python (user-facing code)
- Deep understanding of the operational, maintenance, monitoring and support aspects of a business-critical HPC system
- Experience implementing software workflow, testing and deployment methodologies in an agile environment
- Good understanding of underlying hardware in large-scale systems
- Experience with large-scale batch processing systems; efficient scheduling; dependency management; memory etc
- Some competency in C++ would be preferred
You will have a minimum of two years’ relevant hands-on software development experience, preferably in an HPC environment. For a senior position, they would like to see excellent experience in architecting complex systems. You will have an excellent academic achievement record from recognised scientific instructions, ideally in Computer Science, but will consider other scientific disciplines if the commercial experience and skills are relevant to the position.
This company is a leading FinTech firm and the future of electronic trading. The company trades huge volumes on almost all of the world’s biggest trading venues, exchanges and directly with clients, and completely automated. It is still a small, dynamic and innovative team with under 100 people, but realising the true power of technology are dominating the market, and making waves globally. The company is driven by the work of their computer scientists, developers and quantitative researchers, who develop and deploy algorithmic models against multi-petabyte datasets on a huge in-house cluster.
The company rewards people on merit and excellence, not just on experience, and it completely avoids the bureaucracy of large organisations, both in technology and finance, and maintains a flat hierarchy. The work is fast-paced, and in abundance, so we ensure decision making is rapid and changes and ideas are quickly implemented. People enjoy a culture of trust, innovation and scientific excellence.