Human Capital Management - Global Operations Talent Advisor - Vice President - London - Maternity Cover
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES YOUR IMPACT
Are you a looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, advisory and client relationship management skills? Do you have a strategic mindset and the ability to build relationships? Do you desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to influence and enable transformational change? We have an excellent new position available within our Talent Advisor team for the Operations Division within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity and! your innovative approach to problem-solving. You will have direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people. OUR IMPACT
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
A Talent Advisor within Operations will provide analytic and talent management support for a global division. Based in the London office, you will lead a global Operations Talent Advisor team. Key elements of this role include the full spectrum of talent management (diversity strategy, performance management, leadership pipeline, manager excellence, compensation, people survey, organizational right sizing and other annual processes). HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Serve as strategic advisor to the Operations division, including management and advising the global head and senior clients on people and talent management strategies to support and enable their business strategy
- Lead the global Operations Talent Advisor team to facilitate, drive and execute key people deliverables for the division including leadership pipeline, talent management, promotions, performance management, diversity, reporting and analytics on people related metrics and trends, year-end compensation, and organization reviews
- Partner with functional HCM colleagues to ensure effective delivery of recruiting, training, global mobility and employee relation issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree
- Approximately 7 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to build successful client relationships across levels, functions and regions
- Strategic mindset and ability to think conceptually, influence stakeholders and drive excellent execution
- Highly organized, strong project management skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and think clearly under pressure
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, ye collaborative global environment
- Flexibility to work across a diverse range of projects (i.e. strong quantitative skills combined with aptitude for talent management initiatives) with variety of stakeholders
- Analytical mindset and technical skillset - excellent quantitative skills, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Ability to work with Excel, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Strong leadership skills, and effective people manager
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity