Human Capital Management, Employee Relations, Advisor, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Employee Relations team, which is part of the Human Capital Management division, is dedicated to advising and coaching managers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship. The ER Advisor will work to protect and support the firm's culture in accordance with firm policies, our business principles and applicable legal standards. The work is invariably of a sensitive nature and requires a unique combination of skills to deliver workable solutions to a diverse range of issues. Job Summary & Responsibilities (External), Basic Qualifications, Preferred Qualifications: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice to managers regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, including manager effectiveness, performance management, disciplinary actions, and organizational change.
- Investigate concerns raised about unfair or unlawful treatment and/or inappropriate behaviour.
- Counsel individual employees regarding problems at work and advising on health and personal issues that may impact work.
- Partner with Compliance and other areas to oversee adherence to firm policies regarding, among others, use of firm resources including e-mail and Internet access, protection of confidential information, etc.
- Implementation of severance policy.
- Develop and reinforce policies that promote positive behaviour.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate employees about firm policies, culture and employee relations.
- Liaise with the Employment Law Group as necessary to resolve employee issues.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Proven track record of managing complex issues and driving resolution
- Strong team and project management experience
- Strong client-service orientation
- Ability to develop and build relationships at all levels, with a proven track record of acting in an advisory capacity
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and strong negotiation/diplomacy skills.
- Strong analytical and facilitating skills; the ability to bring groups with diverse views/priorities to a common resolution.
- Ability to approach issues strategically; anticipating consequences and navigating around unforeseen obstacles.
- Ability to think creatively and effectively, delivering commercially pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - a 'listener'.
- Well-developed organizational s ills and strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Strong ability to deal with sensitive issues including complex investigations.
- Proven track record in an employee relations or employment law advisory role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity