Human Capital Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
Aon are currently recruiting a Project Manager in Aon's Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction Solutions ("AMATS") practice in the UK.
The AMATS team is a combined practice of Insurance and Human Capital experts with a dedicated focus on transactional activity. The team provides human capital advisory services to both private equity and strategic, corporate buyers, on buy-side and sell-side opportunities, as well as portfolio value audits for financial buyers.
Your impact as Project Manager
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager role will be to support the team in the management of M&A human capital due diligence engagements, which provide project management and advisory services to Buyers and Sellers in the pre-acquisition and pre-sale environment. The project work will consist of human capital (strong focus on employee benefits) due diligence, planning for post-closing employee benefit and HR related programs, new entity cost structures, and reviewing applicable transaction documentation. Additional M&A human capital solutions and wider advisory services may also be provided to clients during the transaction and following the completion of a deal.
The role will involve the coordination of Aon resources across geographies and practices across Aon. Whilst the initial focus of the APM’s role is supporting the delivery of human capital advisory services, the role will include access to clients.
Your key responsibilities will involve;
- Production of International Employee Benefits due diligence reports for Aon Strategic Advisory & Transaction Solutions (ASATS)
- Assembly and Management of project teams from all parts of Aon to complete pre and post due diligence engagements and related transaction consultancy
- Gathering of due diligence source information from data rooms, target board / management level personnel and peer group deal advisors (lawyers, accountants etc.)
- Assist in new business development and maintaining relationships with internal network/lines of business, clients and prospects
- Support project management engagement and liaise with clients and other advisors.
- Support the team in the provision of human capital with strong focus on employee benefits due diligence for clients including the review of HR information provided in the data room, interviews with management, collection and tracking of requested information, and production of diligence reports.
- Help coordinate internal Aon resources across various practices and geographies.
- Determine opportunities for cross-selling other Aon products, services and solutions.
- Assist in the project management of Day 1 employee benefits and HR related requirements.
You bring knowledge and expertise
As a Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Ideally you will have human capital and/or employee benefits consulting experience.
- Specific M&A transaction and/or project management experience is not a pre-requisite.
- International Compensation and Benefits/HR experience/M&A experience
- Actuarial or pension experience preferred but not required
- Aptitude for articulating (both verbally and in writing) technical or complicated issues in a concise manner.
- Proven organisational capabilities.
- Ability to help manage multiple projects and multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Flexible work schedule; M&A projects often involve tight timelines.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written essential.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Capability to write reports and communicate effectively with clients and peers
- Understanding of accounting statements (balance sheet, P&L) and insurance markets
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.