Managing business audits across the bank, as well as managing the IT co-source relationship.
My London, city based, banking client, is looking to hire an Internal Audit Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role has two elements. Firstly, you will be responsible for leading business audits and secondly, you will manage the IT Audits performed by co-sourcing partners.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Lead and manage delivery of the annual and periodic updating of risk assessments of auditable units within the bank on a timely basis, in line with methodology, ensuring they are individually reviewed and signed off appropriately;
- Arrange and lead meetings with the business to present and discuss the results and to maintain minutes thereof. Any resulting action points are to be brought to the attention of senior management straight away, appropriately dealt with and the outcome communicated back to the business;
- To lead presentations to Senior Management summarising the overall outcome and ensuring any comments / concerns raised are addressed, documented and closed on a timely basis;
- Deliver audit assignments in accordance with the audit plan, allocated budget, agreed timeframe and Audit Policies and Procedures. This includes audit planning, stakeholder management, fieldwork, issue(s) discussion with the business and ongoing reporting to Senior Management;
- To lead meetings with the business, such as opening meeting, closing meeting, audit reports, discussion of audit issues etc;
- Lead efforts in the preparation and execution of continuous monitoring meetings in an efficient and effective manner with focus on any significant changes be they system, market, regulatory or operationally driven;
- Attend the relevant Audit Committee meetings and produce/coordinate the timely preparation of minutes where required. Ensure final versions of minutes are distributed to attendees for signature and copies provided to HoA.
The successful candidate will be qualified with at least 6 years’ experience post-qualification. An understanding of wholesale banking, asset management and sales & trading will be looked upon favourably.
Experience of integrated audits is also key; a general understanding of IT environment, how it operates, the risks associated in line with the nature of business.