- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 May 18
IBCM, Energy, Transport & Infrastructure, ASO, London #113450
Credit Suisse holds a leading position across the spectrum of investment banking products -- all designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. Credit Suisse ranks in the top tier in nearly all major business segments and is a trusted advisor to our clients in every aspect of investment banking - from mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice to all aspects of capital-raising, such as Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Leveraged Finance.
Our Investment Banking team consists of professionals with expertise across the range of industries and products. Leading global equity and fixed-income sales and trading desks further support our global Investment Banking efforts. Credit Suisse has unparalleled global vision, with a significant presence in major financial centres across the globe.
The Investment Banking Department, headed by Jens Welter and Mathew Cestar, assists clients in achieving their objectives through mergers and acquisitions, debt, equity and other capital raising. We combine our Industry and Country Coverage groups' global expertise and reach with the Bank's Product expertise to deliver such solutions efficiently and effectively to clients.
The Energy, Transport and Infrastructure Group headed up by James Peterkin and Martin Catchpole comprises of three verticals namely Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities and Transport and Infrastructure. The ETI Group has been involved in a number of the landmark transactions in the space, across all geographies. The ETI Group has professionals in London, New York, Houston, Toronto, Mumbai, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Main duties/responsibilities of the role:
Origination and Relationship Building
- Idea generation - aware of trends and developments within the respective Power and Utilities sub-sectors and combines this with product knowledge to spot opportunities for CS to assist clients.
- Production of pitches - works with Analysts to produce well-argued presentations and thorough analysis. Increased involvement in design and structure of presentations from Analyst role, due to increased ability to stand back and see the bigger picture. (Writing reports, internal liaison and meetings)
- Verbal presentation of analysis and sections of pitches to clients of all levels. (presenting, marketing, external client meetings)
- Building of client relationships through formal and informal meetings and telephone discussions (marketing, meetings and telephone contact).
- Deals with client on detailed, day-to-day aspects of a transaction (telephone and face-to-face meetings, relationship building)
- Liaises with advisors, lawyers, accountants and other counter parties to produce prospectuses and other legal documentation (telephone contact, negotiating, relationship building)
- Undertakes full valuation analysis and drafting of valuation materials for clients, with limited guidance
- Verbal presentation of analysis recommendations to clients of all levels (presentation, marketing)
- Builds complex financial models, works with clients to develop inputs and modelling approach and uses output to draw conclusions and make recommendations (modelling, analysis, presenting internally, client liaison)
- Travels with clients to visit investors worldwide through road shows and other PR activities (travelling, marketing, presenting, meetings)
- Produces documents for CS internal approval processes (writing reports and analyses and presenting internally)
Management and training of Analysts - coordinates Analyst work on projects, develops Analysts through delegation of responsibility, prioritises for Analysts and well as self. (coaching, supervising, managing, training)
- Strong modelling, valuation and technical skill set
- Awareness of products and markets
- Able to produce technically excellent written materials - prospectuses, credit committee, investment banking committee memos, client pitches
- Able to use technical skills and knowledge to solve problems and give advice
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task across many tasks and projects and plan ahead
- Able to present in a measured, clear, articulate way - in particular with regard to technical issues
- Able to manage, train and coach juniors
- Able to work fairly autonomously with limited supervision, self-reliant, great common sense
- Previous experience in investment banking and relevant sector knowledge
- Good people skills: aware and personable
- Excellent problem-solver, quick-witted
- Excellent time management skills
- Judges priorities well and manages own workload accordingly
- Able to defend own decisions and actions with logic
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Efficient, focused on delivery and details
- Comfortable interacting with clients of all levels in business and social settings
- Responsive and sensitive to needs of clients and aware and responsible for personal impression given to the client
- Team player - cooperates and communicates at all levels