IBD - Financing Group - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 04 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 May 2018
Investment Banking Division (IBD)
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Within a dynamic, market-driven environment, our teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management transactions.
Our aim is to provide our clients with the best and most innovative financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all Goldman Sachs' capital markets departments, and operates in close cooperation with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities and Equities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking professionals at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. You will create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, you will organise and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. You may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Working closely with other parts of Goldman Sachs, in particular, sale and trading, (or securities) to provide advice and trade ideas for clients
- Responsibility for execution of primary market financing including communication with both issuers and investors to meet client goals
- Providing analysis and technical data to support underwriting decisions for the group
- Providing market updates and commentaries for external clients and internal teams
- Providing analysis on pricing and execution strategy for primary financings
SKILLS EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Current experience in an investment banking (or related financial services) position required
- Experience with syndicate/emerging markets required
- Must have experience of working in a client advisory capacity and recommending transactions
- Experience with pricing, marketing, leading transaction processes and executing deal mandates required
- Experience of conducting due-diligence, documentation, pitch book preparation, roadshows required
- Familiarity with structuring, marketing and executing international debt capital markets required
- Must have experience of performing market analysis and providing market updates/trends
- Familiarity with bond and loan transaction required
- Demonstrable senior stakeholder management experience required
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities required
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong communications, multi-tasking and time management skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.