IBD - Strats - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 04 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 May 2018
We are looking for an associate to join the Leveraged Finance Strats team in London. Leveraged Finance originates and executes debt transactions including high-yield bonds and syndicated loans.
Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
IBD Strats are both investment bankers and innovators who create analytics and scalable technology platforms that will shape the future of investment banking and how we connect with clients. Direct participation in client interactions, deal executions and other core commercial activities allows us to be in the optimal position to develop technical innovations that create economic leverage and differentiate the firm.
Our team members are financial engineers, software engineers, and data scientists who share a passion for investment banking and the financial markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- IBD Strats are involved in marketing, structuring, pricing, and executing transactions for large corporations and institutions in the capital markets and M&A. We develop state-of-the-art quantitative and analytical methods for advising clients, and we build financing and risk-management solutions across products and industries.
- The position involves solving business, data, and technology-related problems across Leveraged Finance, working in tandem with LevFin marketers.
- The role requires a combination of the following competencies: an understanding of the financial markets and debt products, strong communication skills with non-technical clients and marketers, data and statistical analysis ideally including machine learning, and software engineering.
- As a global team, we focus on targeting deal opportunities, creating differentiated client materials, and executing transactions effectively. This requires both client-specific data analyses, as well as building tools, models, and infrastructure for broader use.
- A successful candidate in our London office must act as a local liaison with our global team, and interact with the European Financing Group, Classic Banking, Securities Division, and IBD Technology teams. We expect them to be self-led, entrepreneurial, and capable of managing the delivery and adoption of key products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering or a related quantitative discipline required
- Prior Investment Banking industry experience required
- Experience of working within Leveraged Finance required
- Experience of developing analytical tools and web applications required
- Financial/mathematical modelling (including bond price & yield modeling) experience required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement/automation and optimisation initiatives required
- Strong knowledge and experience of machine learning and algorithms required
- Experience of running SQL queries required
- Data analysis experience required
- Must have quantitative / analytic reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be a team player
- Strong interest in finance, investment banking, and the capital markets required
- Results-oriented work ethic based upon responsibility, enthusiasm, and pride in work
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a highly pressurised environment required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.