IDM - Finance Reporting Analyst - Analyst
IDM - Finance Reporting Analyst - AnalystMitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The Information and Data Management (IDM) department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD. The mandate for the department is to:
- Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target start
- Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
- Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
- Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
- Investigate and analyse data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
- Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
- Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
Main Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Finance, Risk or Product Control reporting specialist. The new team member will be mainly involved in daily activities, but will also - in ad-hoc requests and project initiatives. Daily activities will range from reviewing reconciliation reports and raising issues with relevant stakeholders, calculating and posting P&L valuations adjustments, performing P&L reviews, distributing daily and periodic consolidated P&L and Finance Reports. Periodic tasks will also cover preparing Management Committee packs and monthly management accounts. Ad-hoc requests will come from our senior colleagues in FO, Product Control and even directly from CFO.
As the broader IDM team is in the unique position of covering the delivery of Management Information across Finance and Risk areas, there will be potential to broaden experience with exposure to daily production and processes across Product Control, Finance and Risk departments using popular self-service business intelligence tools.
- Preparation of management, committee and board packs, including management accounts and daily Consolidated P&L, for delivery to senior stakeholders across the international business.
- Liaison with key stakeholders in Product Control, Risk and Finance across the international business.
- Preparation and analysis of daily P&L and regulatory metrics reports for onward dissemination to Product Control and Risk for further analysis, including identification and resolution of upstream data and system issues through close liaison with data management and technology teams.
- Implementing effective process controls and process re-engineering through involvement in strategic projects.
- Automate and/or work with the IDM Development team to reduce/improve manual reporting processes and optimize existing reports.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) Bachelor's degree
- CFA, ACA or CIMA qualification desirable, but not required
- Previous experience in a Risk, Product Control or Finance MI reporting role is preferred
- Familiarity with key financial concepts, including performance measurement and risk metrics
- Experience of working with stakeholders of all levels
- Proficient with Excel desirable
- Experience with BI/reporting tools such as Business Objects and with Oracle desirable, but not required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, motivated with the ability to operate with urgency while prioritising work accordingly
- Strong analytical/numerical skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.