See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha. The Equity Financing Products department acts as a strategic partner to more than 800 top hedge fund managers: executing and clearing trades across asset classes, time zones, and currencies; providing financing and expertise to help manage risk and benefit from technology; and consults to help launch new funds and connect with them potential investors.
The position is within the MSET (Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading) Coverage team on the desk covering Institutional Hedge Funds and Asset managers. The role is client facing and the successful candidate would directly manage relationships with traders, portfolio managers and key decision makers with these clients.
- Execution consultancy: provide advice on Market structure, MSET products and execution strategies, review existing client execution performance. Train clients on execution platforms and how best to use them.
- Provide execution coverage to clients trading Global Derivatives Markets across Fixed Income, Equities and Commodities – managing trading related issues and risk, responding to questions clients have around trading and market structure.
- Relationship management & Sales: maintain high quality relationships with key personnel and update clients with new MSET products that are applicable to their business.
- Strong client facing communication skills and an ability to disseminate complex information clearly in a timely manner.
- Experience with dealing with external clients is mandatory, ideally in a buy-side organisation
- A background in financial markets is required, specifically in electronic trading within a Front Office Team
- Understanding derivatives strategies as well as an understanding of trading platforms and algorithmic trading technologies is mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject i.e. mathematics, economics or science based disciplines.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.