A leading Insurer are looking for an IFRS 17 Senior Project Accountant to join the team. Reporting into the IFRS 17 Reporting Manager, the role will be working alongside the other Product Owners to be part of the design, build, implementation and testing of the IFRS 17 solution. As part of the scope, the Senior Project Accountant will have more oversight over the accounting technical aspects of the solution and work closely with the Operational Readiness Product Owner.
- Manage audit schedlue with external auditors. Sharing papers, running review sessions, collating and managing feedback and questions.
- Support investigation of gross and reinsurance calculations, identifying gaps in data, assumptions, methodology is correct etc.
- Oversee the creation of the transitional balance sheet, including shaping the approach, review the balances produced and preparing notes and disclosures.
·Spot dependencies with other products then share and mitigate those with the delivery team
·Consult with relevant stakeholders on decisions that require validation/additional knowledge
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to create a value driven product vision and roadmap
Education and Qualifications
- Professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACA (preferred), ACCA, CIMA
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and maintains strong relationships at all levels
- Process management skills – able to review existing processes and procedures; making recommendations for rationalisation/improvement, and implement them operationally.
- Project management skills, ability to prioritise work scope and adopt agile working approach
- Ability to work at both detailed and summary level
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to be able to listen
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
·General insurance accountant
·Experience of IFRS17 and other regulatory accounting standards
- Experience liaising with third party consultancies such as EY and PwC
- External audit experience either as part of an audit team or as part as a finance team
- Experience of implementing new standards such as IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 9
- Agile delivery / project delivery