IFRS 9 Business Analyst
- GBP450 - GBP550 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Advantage Resourcing
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
IFRS 9 is a significant new financial reporting standard that replaces IAS 39. It includes revised guidance on the classification and measurement of financial assets, impairment and new hedge accounting rules. IFRS 9 is effective for annual periods on or after 1 January 2018.
IFRS 9 is a significant new financial reporting standard that replaces IAS 39. It includes revised guidance on
the classification and measurement of financial assets, impairment and new hedge accounting rules. IFRS 9
is effective for annual periods on or after 1 January 2018.
Our client has a global project in place to implement IFRS 9 across the group's global business lines, namely,
GBM, RBWM, CMB and GPB. This role is required to assist with the GBM project which is being led by, Head
of Global Valuations Group (GVG), which is a part of Product Control.
The project phases can be summarized as -
1) Classification and Measurement - defining and documenting business models, evaluation and system changes required, completion of SPPI testing, design and implementation of SPPI process and controls
2) Impairment - defining, documenting, and testing models and process used for impairment calculations, booking and reporting
3) Disclosures - assessing changes to accounting disclosures and implementation of those changes
4) Parallel Run - testing phases
· BA will be assigned tasks within the project and be expected to provide detailed, considered, complete and documented responses.
· Documentation provided by the BA will be used as support for decisions made and provide evidential records to demonstrate IFRS 9 compliance.
· BA must have a hands on approach and be able to compile or analysis information through instructions provided verbally and with limited oversight
· BA must be responsive and delivery orientated
· BA must be able to clearly articulate approaches taken to, and rationale, for tasks
· BA must be capable of interacting with other employees in a collegiate and professional manner, obtaining their sign off and agreement of tasks, whilst achieving tasks in the required timelines
· University graduate with numerate degree and/or professional qualification.
· Accounting qualification, although this is not essential
· Client focused, with relationship building, analytical and project management skills
· Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
· Sound judgment and problem solving skills, ability to think laterally
· Keen sense of urgency - able to achieve results quickly
· Able to manage numerous tasks with continual re positioning and prioritization
· Ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships across HSBC
· High level of professional and personal integrity
· Good understanding of the financial markets.
· Good analytical skills
· Ability to undertake in depth review of processes and products and provide a high quality analysis.
· Knowledge of the spectrum of Global Banking & Markets products and services
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.