IMD, GSAM, AIMS Public Markets Investment, Analyst/Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the investing landscape.
The AIMS (Alternative Investments & Manager Selection) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, private credit funds, real estate managers, and public equity and fixed income strategies. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified commingled fund products, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 250 professionals across 7 offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $180 billion of alternative investments and public equity and fixed income strategies.
The AIMS public markets investment team evaluates external hedge fund, long only equity, public fixed income, and credit managers across a range of geographies and investment styles. Investments include equity long/short, event driven, tactical trading, relative value, systematic, US equity, global equity, fixed income, and distressed and private credit strategies. The team's evaluation involves performing quantitative and qualitative analysis and subsequently presenting investment views to the team's Investment Committee. The team is also actively involved in the portfolio construction and risk management process for client portfolios.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Participate in the manager selection process, including due diligence visits and calls with new and existing hedge fund and long only fund portfolio managers and research analysts
- Work within smaller teams to prepare investment memorandums and present recommendations to the team's Investment Committee
- Write research and commentary on manager-level and industry-level performance and related topics
- Contribute to a range of AIMS group-wide initiatives including various research publications, client-related activities, and other business development initiatives
- For all of these activities, work in conjunction with the other areas of the AIMS group and broader Firm, including the Client Portfolio Solutions, Risk Management & Analytics, Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, and Technology teams
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated orientation toward and interest in understanding financial markets and investment management
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative abilities, including a high level of proficiency in market data applications such as Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of accountability and dedication to continuous professional improvement
- Aptitude to manage multiple tasks by demonstrating project planning, organization, and time management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.