IMD, GSAM, EMEA Insurance Asset Management, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you a motivated, quick-thinking, collaborative individual with a passion for asset management, looking for the opportunity to develop relationships and support a fast-paced sales team? We are seeking a driven professional with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Working alongside our EMEA Insurance Asset Management relationship management team, this individual will work closely with senior team members to manage, enhance and develop client relationships.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Insurance Asset Management team provides innovative insurance solutions for life, health, property and casualty and reinsurance companies. Relationship management teams are responsible for selling a broad spectrum of products across all asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity, real estate, fixed income and equities. In addition, relationship management teams collaborate with clients on topics including asset allocation, risk budgeting and asset / liability management. Globally focused, our insurance team manages general account insurance assets for clients across Europe, North America, Bermuda, Asia and the Middle East.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Associates are dedicated to supporting the efforts of the relationship management team in retaining existing assets and winning new business, through the following:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for every individual client, which outlines cross selling opportunities, a service plan and specific deliverables
- Ensure clients' needs are met by maintaining accounts and fulfilling bespoke and recurring requests
- Identify and escalate any sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division including Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, Legal, Technology, Operations and Compliance with a common goal of meeting clients' needs
- Partner with senior team members to execute business development efforts by coordinating prospect pitches, product presentations, and requests for proposals (RFPs), as well as identifying new business opportunities
- Collaborate with Portfolio and Product Manager(s) to prepare and review materials for portfolio review meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and strong academic background required
- 3+ years' work experience in financial services preferred
- Basic knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, and collaborate well with others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.