IMD, GSAM European Fund Services (“EFS”) - Analyst / Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
This is a business-side role that will involve participation across many of the following areas:
- Fund Events / Change Management Support - managing and assisting with the implementation of fund change events which can include fund launches, restructures, terminations, share class setups and many other such events.
- Corporate Governance - coordinating various elements of fund and corporate governance including assisting the Board of Directors in discharging their responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Strategic Vendor Management - supporting the oversight of third party service providers that are engaged to provide fund administration and fund registration services across the GSAM funds business. This may require you to manage the on-going oversight program, issue resolution, RFP's and implementing service enhancements.
We're a leading investment manager providing innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help our clients navigate changing markets to assist them in meeting their investment objectives. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
EFS are part of the European Funds Group which is at the heart of the Goldman Sachs Asset Management ("GSAM") funds business. EFS are responsible for a range of activities across the GSAM investment funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman. As such the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with many local and global teams and to be involved in a wide range of fund activities that will provide a broad exposure to the workings of the GSAM funds business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications / Experiences / Skills
- Understanding of UCITS Funds or AIF's across Luxembourg, Ireland or Cayman would be a distinct advantage
- Awareness of some of the most recent themes or challenges across the investment management industry would be an advantage. MIFID II, PRIIPS, Money Market Reform or ETF's would be good examples
- Good organisation skills, with an attention for detail and be able to handle multiple projects and initiatives at once
- An ability to communicate effectively with both senior and junior colleagues in both written and verbal form
- You should be a self-motivated, solutions driven candidate with a view to challenging the status quo in order to strive for efficiencies and enhancements
You should have 2+ years' experience in the investment management industry. This could be from a legal, accounting, operational perspective or otherwise.
A degree or equivalent professional qualification or equivalent work experience would be expected.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.