IMD, GSAM European Shareholder Services, Client Onboarding, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Partnering with our Client Service Centre, the Client Onboarding team oversees the end to end process of onboarding new clients, specialising in the coordination of complex, high profile and strategically important client relationships across multiple sales channels and regions. The role will require strong attention to detail, self-motivation and pro-activity to deliver exceptional client service whilst anticipating client questions and delivering on requirements. As owners of the end to end onboarding process, the candidate will have the opportunity to identify inefficiencies and drive enhancements to improve client experience and ensure regulatory and compliance standards are met.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
European Shareholder Services (ESS) is part of the International Funds Group (IFG) which is at the heart of the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) funds business. IFG covers a range of activities that allows team members to interact with a number of other internal teams as well as external clients, vendors, and industry experts. As such, this role will allow the candidate to gain broad exposure to the workings of the GSAM business, as well as detailed understanding of shareholder servicing processes.
ESS is responsible for servicing the sales teams and investors of the Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman domiciled collective investment products for the GSAM and FICC divisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Acting as the subject matter expert for multiple Sales channels to coordinate successful onboarding of high profile and strategically important client relationships
- End to end understanding of onboarding process including KYC, AML, Due Diligence, Distribution Agreements and rebate negotiations
- Developing a clear understanding of bespoke client requirements and offering guidance on what is operationally supportable
- Ad hoc coordination of complex arrangements such as Transfer in Kind, Acquisitions, and Mergers involving high profile clients
- Monitoring processes and escalating to Compliance, Legal and Senior Management as appropriate
- Maintaining internal controls and quality checks for the day-to-day onboarding process
- Ongoing review and maintenance of internal policies and procedures with a view to increasing automation, scalability, and outsourcing of tasks to external vendors with appropriate controls and cost efficiencies
- Researching and identifying inefficiencies and driving enhancements
- Ensuring regulatory and company compliance standards are met and changes successfully coordinated among the appropriate teams
- Provision of management/board reporting, and information for ad-hoc management requests
The candidate will be required to work with senior members of the division and cover both day to day tasks relevant to the activities mentioned in the summary above.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of Offshore Funds administration and Compliance standards
- A minimum of three years business/financial industry experience in Asset Management and exposure to dealing in funds domiciled in different regions and currencies is important
- Experience in providing a premium level of customer service/support to high profile clients as part of a global team in a similar role
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills to lead the coordination between various
- internal teams, clients and external counterparties
- A professional, personable persona and a "can do" attitude are essential to build strong relationships
- Excellent project management, organisational and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and team focused with strong leadership capabilities to manage competing priorities
- Familiarity with KYC, AML, CRS, Due Diligence, Distribution Agreements and Rebate negotiations preferred
- IMC or similar qualification an advantage
- The ideal candidate would be fluent in European Languages (in particular Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch or German)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.