IMD, GSAM European Shareholder Services, TAVO, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic, international environment in asset management? Do you have excellent communication skills alongside an interested in a broad range of responsibilities?
Our European Shareholder Services are looking for an Analyst to join their Transfer Agency Vendor Oversight team. OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
European Shareholder Services (ESS) is part of the International Funds Group (IFG) which is at the heart of the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) funds business. IFG covers a range of activities that allows team members to interact with a number of other internal teams as well as external clients, vendors, and industry experts. As such, this role will allow the candidate to gain broad exposure to the workings of the GSAM business, as well as detailed understanding of shareholder servicing processes.
ESS is responsible for servicing the sales teams and investors of the Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman domiciled collective investment products for the GSAM and FICC divisions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role entails working in the Transfer Agency Vendor Oversight area of the ESS team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions.
- Oversight and supervision of investor trade and transfer requests, cash/trade reconciliation and settlement, processed by the external TA vendor.
- Interactive investor flow notification with the liquidity funds' portfolio management teams
- Co-ordination and execution of fund dividends and TA bank account related processes, such as bank charges, interest claims, unsettled trades, class fee reconciliation and foreign exchanges.
- Oversight activity will be spread across our Dublin, Luxembourg, Cayaman and externally managed fund ranges.
- Automation and integration of trading, settlement, reporting and service solutions to investors, in conjunction with the Platform Support team
- Ongoing review and maintenance of internal policies and procedures with a view to increasing automation, scalability, and outsourcing of tasks to external vendors with appropriate controls and cost efficiencies
- Co-ordination of new fund and share class launches and set-up on internal and external systems and platforms, working closely with Platform Services, product development and the funds group teams
- Provision of management/board reporting, vendor KPI reporting and information for ad-hoc management requests.
The candidate will be required to work with senior members of the division and cover both day to day and project related tasks relevant to the activities mentioned in the summary above. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with good academic record or equivalent gained through relevant work experience
- High level of accuracy and the ability to maintain this standard whilst under pressure from reporting deadlines
- Excellent communication, organisation, and multi-tasking skills with ability to set own priorities
- Highly motivated and team focused but able to work independently to solve problems
- Exposure to project based work, especially with thinking through and delivering policy and process improvements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of transfer agency function/workings
- Knowledge of mutual fund transfer agent operations, processing, and compliance standards
- Knowledge of multi currency domestic/cross border payments
- Experience in the banking/asset management industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity