IMD Market Risk Analysis - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 05 January 2018
Application Closing Date: 01 February 2018
We are currently seeking a candidate who will be a member of the Investment Management Division (IMD) Market Risk & Capital Analysis (MRCA) group within the Market Risk Management and Analysis (MRMA) Department.
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market, operational, model and liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
MRMA has overall responsibility for independently measuring, monitoring, analysing, and reporting market risks associated with Goldman Sachs' Broker-Dealer and IMD businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assessing and quantifying market risk through a variety of metrics, including but not limited to VaR, Greeks, risk concentrations and stress testing.
- Providing information (reports, ad-hoc postings and analysis) to Divisional Risk Management, the IMD Risk Committee and Divisional Leadership. Providing detailed market risk updates and reports to Boards of Directors and regulators globally.
Responsibilities also include:
- Daily/weekly monitoring of the risks associated with both hedge funds and mutual funds, across equity and fixed income strategies
- Developing, implementing, and enhancing stress tests, scenario analyses, and risk attributions
- Building and maintaining relationships with businesses, providing regular updates on changes in risk metrics and stress tests to senior IMD Management
- Ensuring adherence with the independent risk governance framework
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master's degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related discipline required
- Significant experience in Market Risk gained from working within investment management industry essential
- Experience in developing stress tests, analysing VaR, conducting back testing analysis required
- Must have strong experience in measuring, monitoring, analysing and reporting risk exposures
- Detail oriented with a strong control mentality. Ability to demonstrate involvement in process improvement initiatives required
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Matlab, SAS, R and algorithms required
- Familiarity with Data structures, Derivatives, Corporate Finance, Fixed Income required
- Acute and pro-active interest in financial markets
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and assertive with a "can-do" attitude. Strong team player, able to work with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. from Portfolio Managers to Controllers to Technology etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.