IMD, PWM, Cross Markets Team - Fixed Income Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB PWM
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, experience working closely with traders and portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? The Cross Markets Team within the Market Solutions Group ("MSG") is comprised of product specialists who provide investment ideas and trade execution in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodity ("FICC") markets. The team is currently seeking an investment professional with experience in fixed income markets to deliver the full suite of FICC capabilities to Private Wealth Management ("PWM") clientele. The professional will have primary responsibility for fixed income and credit coverage to clients in PWM EMEA.
With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, the Market Solutions Group offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers. The broader team also develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build on your knowledge and experience in fixed income and credit within a cross asset team
- Identify market opportunities for PWM clients across the range of fixed income products, and provide fast and timely execution
- Execute bond trades and manage relationships with multiple dealers across the street
- Develop and recommend investment ideas based upon client's investment objectives, portfolio risks, relevant market exposures and relative value considerations
- Educate internal stakeholders on fixed income markets
- Work closely with our New York and Hong Kong teams to ensure ideas reach the PWM franchise globally
- Structure, price, and execute cross-asset OTC derivative implementations for clients
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in FICC products and transactions across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably as an institutional fixed income sales/trading role, credit analyst, cross asset sales person, or a private wealth markets professional / family officer
- Understanding of financial statement / credit analysis
- Experience in fixed income trade execution
- Knowledge of structured credit and/or FICC derivatives is a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, or Python) not essential but useful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.