IMD, Private Wealth Management, Equity Solutions Group, Associate / Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
The Equity Solutions Group ("ESG") within Private Wealth Management ("PWM") is responsible for all equity-related offerings for PWM clients. ESG covers a wide scope, including capital market activities, brokerage ideas, tactical strategies, as well as discretionary solutions. ESG provides clients with thematic equity investment opportunities, single stock risk management expertise, a variety of implementation expertise across listed, securitized and over the counter derivatives, and unique discretionary strategy investment opportunities.
ESG is currently seeking a Vice President to work as a member of the trading team. The role will be aligned to the discretionary option overlay business working closely with the rest of the team to manage and trade option based strategies. The candidate will also be involved in the ongoing infrastructure development for the team, which includes one-off projects as well as liaising with technology teams, compliance and other stakeholders to appropriately specify requirements for the team on a go-forward basis.
The Equity Solut ions Group partners with clients to identify investment objectives and implement differentiated equity strategies in order to tailor portfolios to meet both strategic and tactical goals , while maintaining a key risk management focus. The team covers a comprehensive array of platforms and focuses on customized solutions for our clients. In terms of discretionary platforms, the team specializes on 2 key platforms - an option writing strategy, GOAS (Goldman Option Advisory Service) as well as a structured index investment platform, Beta+. ESG also creates customized equity solutions to meet clients' risk/return goals and investment objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Actively managing option portfolios alongside senior portfolio managers and traders
- Executing and booking option trades across different markets: OTC, listed, Index and Single Stock
- Daily review of option positions and discussion of trade ideas
- Manage relationships with internal teams (compliance, legal, operations, technology, sales) as well as external broker-dealers
- Communicating updates of ongoing ESG strategies/recommendations
- Working on special projects to streamline processes and improve technological infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years+ of capital markets experience; equity derivatives background
- Strong understanding of options and financial markets knowledge
- Excellent Excel skills, preferably with VBA programing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Independent thinker who is logical and analytical
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.