IMD, Private Wealth Management, Portfolio Advisory Group, Analyst/Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB PWM
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
The Portfolio Advisory Group (PAG) is responsible for helping Investment Professionals (IPs) within Private Wealth Management (PWM) win and retain business.
The PAG team supports IPs focused on EMEA to:
(i) Help their clients and prospects understand the attributes and risks of different investment strategies and combination of asset classes
(ii) Illustrate ISG's market views and tactical positioning
(iii) Combine the investment strategies available on the PWM platform to implement client portfolios based on the strategic and tactical views of the Investment Strategy Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Attain direct visibility in PWM as a strategy/platform implementation expert
- Deliver thoughtful investment implementation solutions to client specific needs within an ISG framework
- Assist PWA teams in regions of responsibility in preparation of client/prospect meetings
- Address specific PWA questions regarding product positioning, performance and attribution, directly or using product teams as necessary
- Assist PWAs in discussing ISG positioning and GSAM/GMS product positioning (including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments) with clients and prospects
- Recommend to PWAs implementation of diversified portfolios for specific clients and prospects that conform to ISG recommendations and client objectives and constraints
- Prepare competitive analyses on various products using external tools and in-house portfolio
- Minimum of 3-5 years investment-related work experience
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently with others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Demonstrable communication skills, both spoken and written
- Familiarity with investment management product offerings
- CFA charter desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.