IMD Regulatory Middle Office Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Our Regulatory Middle Office team within GSAM Operations, is seeking a professional who is looking to provide key subject matter expertise on areas affecting the firm's regulatory reporting obligations. This will involve broad collaboration across global Operations, Compliance, Legal, traders and various industry stakeholders and regulators.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm of the firm. Asset Management Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process.
The GSAM Regulatory Middle Office (RMO) team is responsible for overseeing GSAM's regulatory reporting and providing subject matter expertise within various regulatory reform initiatives and external audits. The team serves as the regulatory interface for internal and external business partners including Regulators, Auditors, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Controllers, Legal, Compliance, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Management, Technology, and other Operational teams. The RMO team provides oversight and governance over regulatory filings and along with assessing potential impacts from business change events.
• Holistic ownership and understanding of transaction and position reporting regulatory regimes, along with external audit reporting requirements from a GSAM Operations perspective.
• Provision of regulatory functional expertise pertaining to reporting, filing and exception management processing & auditing (e.g. MiFid II, ASIC).
• Oversight of the GSAMi regulatory obligations that govern the functional processes.
• Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
• Pro-actively review processes in an effort to gain efficiencies and improved risk management.
• Defining clear and comprehensive timelines, estimating and planning tasks that are inter-dependent to meet objectives.
• Appropriate identification, analysis and escalation of regulatory issues.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree.
• Minimum of 12 months of work experience.
• Experience in the Finance Industry, ideally Asset Management Operations.
• Regulatory experience especially MiFID.
• Account / Broker onboarding experience.
• Risk management focus.
• Trade life cycle knowledge.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills .
• Business Analysis knowledge.
• Team oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external clients.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking.
• Experience with change management or process improvement.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.