IM EMEA - Senior Product Structuring
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that's; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That's why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor's needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management - connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of The Bank Of New York Mellon).
Product Structuring seeks to grow revenue to BNY Mellon by:
- Providing Solutions based Products for clients
- Providing 'grass roots' product to enter new areas of distribution or investing
Product Structuring works across the BNY Mellon group including working with: the Investment Management Firms, Investment Management EMEA and Asset Servicing and externally with Clients as well as with both service and data providers. Product Structuring works exceedingly closely with the other Product functions in the business, notably: Product Strategy & Product Development and with the ManCo. The sharing of information with these areas is fundamental to meeting the objectives of the business.
The Senior Analyst role in Product Structuring will have responsibility for:
- Reviewing client requirements and developing one or more solution to meet these requirements
- Working with Sales & Clients to progress and, where applicable, modify solutions
- Providing financial analysis and proposals on new initiatives
- Build solutions following a win (where applicable)
- Working on initiatives strategic to the medium to long term business e.g. solutions for European Pension product (s), new grass root structures
- Keeping abreast of market developments on structures
- Liaising with stakeholder groups (tax, legal, operations, compliance, marketing) to understand contingencies from other areas and ensure the structure is optimal
- Establishing solutions (where possible) to factors hindering the development of a solution
In so doing, the following skills are necessary and are requirements for the role:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to change direction as required
- Ability to pick projects up from scratch, determine parameters and move them forward at pace required
- Ability to work across the business as necessitates any given project
- Ability to research any given opportunity using internal and external sources, filter for the most pertinent information & find proxies where gaps may exist.
- Ability to present information visually and verbally to the highest of standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to pick up on inconsistencies & inaccuracies or areas that may be a risk to the outcome or timeline for fulfilment of the solution required
- Ability to find a non-defined route to ensure success
- Ability to become a subject matter expert as required and on areas that maybe new to asset management
- Experience of Bloomberg, FERI, Lipper, Morningstar and other market analysis tools
And the following experience is required:
- 5+ years in asset management
- 5+ years of product related experience
- Knowledge of building UCITS fund and, preferably other funds e.g. AIFs, NURS
- Financial analysis pertaining to Fund solutions
- Various Investment Management strategies including: Active & Index, Equity, Fixed Income and Alternatives
- Experience of building & challenging product proposals in regards: business case, economics, tax, distribution, regulation, investment
- Understanding of the regulatory environment as pertains to asset management
- Experience of writing and presenting product approval documentation
- Experience of drafting (fund) prospectuses
- Experience of negotiating contracts & financial terms
- Experience of working across stakeholder groups including tax, compliance, legal, operations, marketing and sales and from multiple geographic locations
- Project planning & proven delivery of projects
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Be self-starters
- Interested in improving on the status quo
- Enjoy working with people with very different skill sets
- Be able to work on very different projects often simultaneously
- Understand that not all projects come to fruition and manage stakeholders accordingly
- Be team players
- Be collaborative
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104 Requisition Number: