IM EMEA - Specialist, Product Strategy
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's largest investment managers. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that's; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That's why we have designed a model that is truly built around investor's needs - bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent and unique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management - connecting investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
Today, we have eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
BNY Mellon Investment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand of The Bank Of New York Mellon). Product Strategy Role
The role is focused on idea generation, investigation and creation of forward looking investment management products and strategies in an effort to continue to position BNY Mellon Investment Management EMEA as an industry leading investment management firm.
Critically, the individual is expected to execute on the following three areas:
- Product Strategy - independently create and thoroughly test and support a view on new product creation and industry direction. This requires the individual to thoroughly investigate ideas and build comprehensive business cases, communicate across the BNYM IM organisation, and achieve buy-in of key product initiatives with key stakeholders and through presentation of business case to the Product Committee. Exceptional research abilities and attention to detail are the attributes sought as is the ability to effectively work with our Investment Firm partners in all areas of current and forward-looking product developments.
- Sales support and ongoing product management - creation of product positioning versus peers; analyses of costs/charges, performance, AUM, net flows of existing products; recommend changes to existing products to evolve them for current and future client needs. The expectation is that the individual will become a subject matter expert in one of our key franchise areas
- Governance - ensure products are suitable for associated target markets and that product governance is effectively managed for the Manufactured and Non-Manufactured products IM EMEA distributes. This role will be actively involved in the annual Assessment of Value activity and in Product Distribution and Oversight initiatives. The Product Strategist will manage our Focus and Strategic Focus lists, achieving buy-in from key stakeholders for any changes.
Overall, we are looking for a hungry, focused, self-starter who is meticulous in research and has a strong curiosity to earn a deeper understanding of the investment management product lifecycle and support the future growth of IM EMEA. Qualifications
Key Skills Required:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Strong understanding and experience in the asset management industry, investment techniques and pooled product structures in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Ireland and the UK.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with absolute attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities.
- Strong organization, time and project management skills.
- Desire to learn about new aspects of investment management in particular ESG, Responsible and Sustainable Investing
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifiers - IMC or CFA qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of Bloomberg, FERI, Lipper, Morningstar and other market analysis tools
- Languages would also be useful but not essential. Continental European languages such as Italian, French, German or Spanish would be particularly useful.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104 Requisition Number: