IM EMEA - Vendor Manager
BNY Mellon Investment Management:
BNYMellon Investment Management is one of the world's largest investment managers.We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every clientwhether that's; access the way they want it, diversifying strategies,reassurance, or quality insights for better informed decisions.
That'swhy we have designed a model that is truly built around investor's needs -bringing together world-class investment managers with best of breed talent andunique cultures to deliver investment outcomes. This is combined with theglobal scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management - connectinginvestors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100markets and 35 countries.
Today, wehave eight investment management firms in our stable: Alcentra, ARX, DreyfusCash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management,Siguler Guff and Walter Scott.
Webelieve this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to helpus deliver on our promise.
BNY MellonInvestment Management is part of the BNY Mellon group (the corporate brand ofThe Bank Of New York Mellon). JobPurpose
The rolewill be responsible for designing and implementing a third party vendormanagement framework within the EMEA distribution business, with the objectiveof extending the framework across Global Distribution.
As anarea of increasing strategic focus, the growth in scale and complexity ofvendor engagements across the business, with a particular emphasis ontechnology, requires dedicated management of the vendor engagement andrelationship management activities. Working with the business to drivecommercial discussions with vendors and the BNYM Third Party Governancefunction; working with Asset Management technology to deliver technologysolutions; and support ongoing vendor relationships with consistency. Theprovision of outstanding customer service to key stakeholders across thebusiness is a vital component to the success of the role delivering to a highstandard with a keen focus on technology and risk management.
A numberof high priority issues require immediate attention:
(1)Definition and implementation of vendor management lifecycle aligned with thewider corporate expectations;
(2)Implementation of robust governance and oversight of all vendor arrangements;and
(3)Business and corporate function stakeholder management and engagement. Key Responsibilities
Vendor Management Framework
• Establish and maintain the framework of processes, policies, systems and activities required for the end to end management of vendor relationships across the business.
• Adoption of vendor management best practices. Vendor Engagement
• Triage of procurement process issues and blockers.
• Identifyand enhance synergies across the Global Distribution business.
• Execution of vendor contracts (MSAs, SoWs) brokering terms betweenvendor and business
• Working with Third Party Governance function and legalensuring management of risk and definition of SLAs to support ongoing reportingand oversight.
• Vendor on-boarding. Vendor Relationship Management
• Relationship management of vendors, ensuring compliance with thecontract and SLA and the wider corporate guidelines for vendor management.
• Maintain a repository of third party vendor contracts. Reporting and Oversight
• • Establish a working group for vendor governance and oversight globally,including but not limited to: vendor usage/cost/trend, performance againstagreed SLAs and other commercial metrics and risk measures.
• •• Vendor performance management, addressing any shortcomings identified. Continuous Improvement
• Initiate projects to revise policies and plans, asneeded, and work closely with BNYM Third Party Governance, legal and complianceto ensure compliance with regulatory changes.
• Continuously monitor the regulatory landscape and market environment foropportunities for improvement.
• Interact with senior stakeholders up to executive level to assist withthe development and implementation of wider Global Distribution managementinitiatives. Personal Attributes
• Deals confidently with conflict, able to maintain strong professionalrelationships whilst resolving difficult problems.
• Ability to "think on the fly" and adapt solutions to meet urgentrequirements should they arise.
• Be self-confident and robust and establish credibility with keystakeholders across the business. Governance Responsibilities
• The jobholder will implement and oversee a robust control framework across the EMEAdistribution business, with the objective to extend across Global Distribution.
• Help to embeda strong governance culture, that issues are escalated and cascadedappropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
• Develop agood understanding of the wider corporate governance framework, includingescalation requirements.
• Ensurethere is clear, appropriate and evidenced apportionment of responsibilitieswithin the business to meet the overall vendor management objective. Generic Staff Responsibilities
• Complywith all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policiesand procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
• Alertmanagement including the Head of Risk and Compliance BNY Mellon AssetManagement and / or the Chief Compliance & Risk Officer, InvestmentManagement immediately of any significant changes to business risks andinternal control effectiveness.
• Notifymanagement and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head ofInternational Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatorybreach.
• Complywith all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operatingwithin the business. Expectations
• EfficientDecision Making
n/a BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
Asset Management Internal Jobcode:
BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104 Requisition Number: