IM EMEA, International Communications Executive
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
IM EMEA, International Communications Executive
BNY Mellon Investment Management is the world's largest multi-boutique asset manager with US$1.9 trillion in assets under management. We believe that the right results begin by being relevant to every client whether that's access the way they want it, diversifying strategies, stability and reassurance or quality insights for better informed decisions. We focus on what matters most to each of our clients.
As a firm relentlessly investor driven and committed to helping people reaches their financial goals, we are invested in a multi-boutique model. We bring together world-class investment specialists, global distribution and operational excellence, to connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class in more than 100 markets and 35 countries.
In tune with our clients and in touch with the world, we're a business with a proven history, yet designed for the demands of the 21st century.
BNY Mellon IM's investment specialists include Alcentra, ARX, BNY Mellon Asset Management North America, Insight Investment and Newton Investment Management.
The international communications role sits within a high paced, effective and proactive international communications function, which is responsible for all communications and reputation management (at a corporate and boutique level) across EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America for BNY Mellon Investment Management.
The role predominantly supports the EMEA communications managers and the associate director of communications for Asia Pacific, as well as working closely with the North America communications team.
- Quickly develop an understanding of the business, our investment boutiques, strategic priorities and focus funds, as well as the how the international communications team fits within this
- Liaise closely on a daily basis with the EMEA communications managers and the Asia Pacific associate director.
- Support the EMEA communications managers on day-to-day media relations as well as supporting them to manage a large international PR agency network.
- Build in depth knowledge of on-line and off-line media including institutional, intermediary and national press.
- Draft and distribute proactive and reactive investment and market commentaries, as well as press releases, to target media under the guidance of the EMEA communications managers and the Asia Pacific associate director.
- Co-ordinate forward features and contributed articles to ensure we are in the right articles within the right target media
- Build strong relationships and network with colleagues, internal clients and the media
- Assist in proactively pitching stories to media to generate targeted coverage.
- Actively and regularly monitor the media including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, the web and blogs, for opportunities for our spokespeople and to develop as an expert within the business on investment management industry news.
- Identify interesting and relevant news articles, which should be circulated to the wider business.
- Support the EMEA communications managers and Asia Pacific associate directors with any crisis and issues management, where appropriate.
- Provide the business with daily press cutting summaries.
- Collate, analyse and evaluate media coverage as well as prepare and manage regular internal reporting that is shared with senior management and internal clients.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, the web and blogs, for opportunities for our spokespeople.
- Research and organise creative media events for the IM communications team and the business as a whole.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of international press conferences, where appropriate.
- Undertake various projects globally, where appropriate
- Contribute and manage co-ordination of our internal communications programme, where appropriate.
- Support the team with administrative duties and keep the processes and procedure manual up to date.
- Degree educated
- Some experience in investment management or financial communications
- Genuine interest in investment management and how the industry fits within society
- Excellent written and spoken English - any additional languages are a bonus
- Proactive, enthusiastic and team-spirited with high attention to detail
- Must be able to work within a team as well as independently
- Must know when to escalate issues to other members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and busy press office that requires excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and willing to work longer hours when required
- An understanding of the importance of delivering at a high standard to internal and external clients
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 52570
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1808052