IM EMEA, Manager – Commercial Analytics
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 22 Sep 17
IM EMEA, Manager – Commercial Analytics
BNY Mellon Investment Management's goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place. BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.73 trillion AUM (BNY Mellon, March 2017) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world's 7th largest global asset managers (Willis Towers Watson in conjunction with Pensions and Investments, October 2016) and 4th largest asset manager (Investments Pensions Europe, June 2016) active in the European marketplace. Job Purpose: We are currently hiring for a Commercial Analytics Manager who will manage the team of Data Analyst colleagues. You will be response for the line management and personal development of all colleagues within the team. It will be your responsibility to assign individual Analysts to day-to-day responsibilities, specific projects or tasks. Alongside the management duties, you will also perform a certain amount of Analyst tasks in line with that of the Senior Data Analyst. You will report to the Commercial Director and the role will also require you to liaise with the Heads of Distribution, Sales Management, Client Management, and other support functions to ensure that agreed service levels with Stakeholders delivering to the highest standards. Responsibilities:
- This senior role provides operational and management data to the Investment Management organisation.
- To head the commercial insight process and lead the Business Reporting and Analytics team.
- To work with various departments to define and establish sales and business KPIs.
- To manage the business intelligence-reporting framework and custom reporting of core performance metrics to disparate stakeholders.
- To champion a culture of evidence-based decision-making throughout the reporting and analytics business area.
- To work with senior management, Heads of Distribution, and other Stakeholders to meet agreed deliverables and service standards.
- Understand the requirements of our stakeholders, document those requirements, seek approval of those requirements, and be responsible for the execution necessary to meet approved requirements.
- To capture the business requirements, and to provide documented records of the requirements; this to also include the new business process flows written in business terminology.
- To identify and have a good working relationship with all stakeholders and business users.
- This role has high visibility and therefore require an experienced leader. Preferably, your background will be within a large organisation and you must demonstrate a strong knowledge of emerging reporting and analytics technologies to drive new ways of thinking and reporting.
- Must be able to identify KPIs, build reports, manage data and provide strategic and tactical insights to support business requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, physical and logical data modelling and data governance.
- Knowledge of multiple reporting and analytics packages such as Oracle, Business Objects, Tableau is required.
- Must be highly numerate and data literate and will have expertise in methodologies for effective analysis and presentation of data.
- Have managed teams of people and can demonstrate people management skills.
- Have a proven track record of delivery, and ability to manage to tight timescales.
- Have a good understanding of Asset Management and distribution of investment management products and services.
- Be a good communicator (verbal and written).
- Degree educated
- Comprehensive experience in the financial services industry with experience in execution of strategic initiatives and supporting cross-functional initiatives.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple strategic and complex projects, priorities and deadlines that involve multiple areas and/ or business units.
- Deep knowledge of Investment Management business and products.
- Results-oriented self-starter with excellent written and interpersonal skills and a confident user of spreadsheets/word processing/drawing and mapping /planning software.
- Strong understanding of BNY Mellon and its global businesses.
- Have an understanding/experience of programming, IT Infrastructure, databases or web systems structure.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 53274
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1707592
Tags: EMEA: 34-A, 2-G, 2-A