ITV Devices Engineer - Workplace Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
ITV Devices Engineer - Workplace Technology
Devices Engineer - Workplace Technology
ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we're passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we're commercially minded and have a global focus. We're all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
Who we are
The Devices Team is responsible for the management and lifecycle of ITV's corporate Mac, Windows and iOS assets, enabling ITV colleagues with the latest features and innovations.
The Mac Engineer is responsible for the design, delivery and ongoing support of technology solutions that meet the requirements and priorities defined by the Product Owner with a particular focus on Jamf Pro, macOS and iOS, and associated tooling development throughout the entire product lifecycle.
It is expected that engineers will also provide input and support with the other platforms within the Devices area, including Windows/SCCM and GCP and have a desire to learn and develop in a range of capabilities across the team.
You will work closely with the other members of the Devices team to deliver an excellent end user experience to ITV colleagues enabling ITV's strategic objectives and are responsible for the quality of products delivered by the Devices team.
You will also work closely and collaboratively with other Product teams to share learnings, provide expertise and support to deliver against the wider Workplace.
Technology strategy and roadmaps where required.
What you will do
- As a subject matter expert in both Jamf Pro and Apple's ecosystem of Mac and iOS devices you will work with the Product Owner (PO) and Delivery Manager (DM) and Technical Lead (TM) to design, implement and deliver the Devices strategy and roadmap.
- Your role would see you manage and continuously improve upon ITV's existing Jamf implementation, supporting >5000 Mac and iOS devices.
- In this role you will be expected to identify and champion new technologies, tools and ways of working, informed by your understanding of both new developments in the industry and ITV's More Than TV strategy and business priorities.
- You will deliver to best practice development, testing and delivery standards, advocating these standards and ensuring the highest quality outputs to ITV colleagues.
- In consultation with the Devices Technical Lead, ITV's architecture teams and the PO, you will ensure solutions align to ITV's strategic goals and make best use of technologies provided by key ITV partners.
- You will be responsible for ensuring designs and solutions appropriately balance the need to be secure by design, technically sound and providing an excellent user experience for customers.
- In this role you will use agile and Kanban principles to deliver value to customers quickly, ensuring development is geared to realising value iteratively.
- You will manage technical and non-technical stakeholder expectations by providing continuous feedback and ensuring requirements are jointly understood. You will seek to engage stakeholders on the art of the possible in an inclusive way, drilling down to identify the what and why to inform solution definition.
- You will embed measurement in all deliverables to prioritise development, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. You'll also embed testing into deliverables, designing products for automated testing workflows, to minimise manual testing and human error.
- Jamf Pro - minimum CCA/Jamf 300. CCE/Jamf 400 preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a complex environment of Apple Mac and iOS devices using Jamf Pro.
- Demonstrable experience of working with the jamf API.
- Demonstrable experience of Bash scripting
- Experience of packaging Mac apps for distribution
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, particularly GCP, MongoDB and Splunk would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within an agile environment delivering against a product backlog.
- Able to translate technical implementations into business friendly explanations and to demo functionality and encourage and foster feedback
- Focused on delivering secure, technically sound products that don't compromise on user experience
- Knowledge of industry trends and demonstrable proactive approach to staying on top of developments in both workplace technologies and Apple device space incl. management
- Understanding of devops principles with experience of supporting products after release in collaboration with operational teams.
- Experience of being able to adapt to changing priorities in line with evolving business needs and priorities
- Demonstrable experience of driving innovation and finding novel solutions to difficult problems
- Knowledge of Windows device management via SCCM beneficial
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform incl. App Engine & Cloud Endpoints beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative way with other team members to deliver solutions
- Experience of Electron development beneficial
- Experience of developing in Python and/or node
- Experience of working in the media sector desirable
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."
For more information check out….. www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/diversity-and-inclusion/