IT Application Developer
- Competitive, based on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Sep 17
Liberum, an independently owned Investment Bank, seeks an Application Developer to develop, maintain and support bespoke web applications as utilised mainly by the Research and Operations departments.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a small development team; will be comfortable with taking responsibility for key design decisions and system components; will be capable of managing changing priorities & concurrent tasks and confident in dealing with business staff at all levels.
The culture is very much an entrepreneurial one, and the successful candidate should be happy to take on numerous projects throughout the year ranging in size and structure. Joining a team of two, this is an excellent opportunity for a driven junior looking for more visibility and responsibility within an Investment Bank.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Excellent understanding of software engineering methodologies, development best practice, design patterns and OO design principles
- Advanced web application development experience including the use of C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API and AngularJS
- Advanced SQL Server 2012 development experience including database design, administration, optimisation techniques, complex database objects
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Visual Studio 2015
- Entity Framework
- SSRS, SSIS
- Knowledge of other Web Based content Management Systems
- Redgate Source Control
- Understanding of Equity Research systems, estimates data and calculations
- Knowledge of Java and JSP
- Automated unit testing, TDD
- Subversion SVN
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Computer Science degree
- Microsoft Certified e.g. MCSD, MCPD
- Financial qualifications e.g. IMC or equivalent
- 40 hours per week (as part of a shift pattern covering 08:00 – 18:00) Permanent, full-time contract
- Competitive salary, annual discretionary bonuses and equity scheme
- Wide range of employee benefits including health & life insurance, subsidised gym membership and childcare vouchers
The Company has used up its quota of certificates of sponsorship for this year. Regretfully, until the Company is allocated more certificates of sponsorship by the UKBA, it cannot consider applications from candidates who require sponsorship for a work permit in order to work in the UK. If you require sponsorship and would like the Company to consider your application at such time as it is allocated additional certificates of sponsorship, please make this clear when you submit your application.