IT Audit Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 18 Nov 18
VTB Capital’s goal is to be Russia’s Investment Banking powerhouse. A choice our clients around the world make routinely and with confidence. Our mission is to exceed client expectations by providing first class financial services. The UK & International Audit (UKIA) Function is an independent and objective assurance function. Using a risk-based internal audit methodology, UKIA evaluates the effectiveness of our internal controls, risk management and governance processes, makes recommendations to Management to ensure that the firm’s operations are effectively controlled and monitors the implementation of these measures.
This role is a key part of the overall operational IT audit capability for UKIA at VTB Capital. This role plays a critical part in driving the execution of independent IT and IT security controls assurance and consequently strong project management and client relationship skills are required. In addition, the incumbent requires strong technology application and infrastructure technical knowledge in the context of a Global Investment Bank as well as outstanding verbal communication, interpersonal and writing skills. This role is focused on achieving strategic control impact within Global Technology while delivering timely, high quality audit results and product. In tandem with fellow members of the UKIA Team it is expected that the incumbent will contribute to the ongoing assessment of UKIA’s audit process and provide thought leadership on potential areas of IT audit development / industry standards / best practices.
The individual reports directly to the Head of UKIA and is expected to be able to lead internal audits with limited day-to-day supervision. The position holder is expected to be a senior individual who will be hands on with respect to all aspects of IT audit execution with strong analytical, auditing and relationship management skills.
List of responsibilities include the following:
- Lead and oversee all audit activity within Technology, Information Security, IT Security, Corporate Real Estate Services (CRES) and any other allocated functional area.
- To participate in and execute ongoing risk assessment and business monitoring activities as required to maintain UKIA’s ongoing view of the firm’s overall risk profile in order to facilitate planning and dynamic internal audit resource deployment.
- To deliver IT audits of strategic impact from planning through execution to reporting in a manner which is comprehensive and clear while ensuring management actions in response to issues identified are appropriate and timely.
- To conduct tracking and associated evidencing of issues raised to ensure implementation of recommendations has a real and positive impact on the control environment.
- To conduct special investigative work as necessary where mandated by Executive Management or external stakeholders under the direction of the Head of UKIA.
- To assist the Head of UKIA in maintaining the function's risk and control themes register and managing the overall internal audit planning and audit resource allocation process.
- To assist with the maintenance of the audit action plan tracking database and coordinate the monthly audit action plan updates with auditors and produce the relevant reporting required by various governance forums and control functions relating to the status of outstanding action plans.
- To represent UKIA at key IT and IT security related forums and influence control thinking on given sitatuins on a real time basis. Deputise for the Head of UKIA at relevant governance forums within VTB Capital Plc and International, as required.
- Establish strong client relationships with IT and Senior Management
- To assist the Head of UKIA in the production of various Management Information reports and presentation packs to the Audit Committee and other Governance Forums.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- An individual with wide experience of risk assessment and audit best practice who has strong Investment Banking technology infrastructure and application technical knowledge;
- An individual who thrives on having strategic control impact at a business level and while independent works in partnership with business line management.
- Deep and sound knowledge of Banking business and internal control / governance / risk management processes requiring understanding and applying related concepts and principles.
- Degree educated and usually holding at least one additional relevant professional designation.