IT Business Analyst
- GBP40000 - GBP50000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 06 Nov 18
My client, an International Professional Services Firm, based in London, is looking for an IT BA to join their growing team.
About the IT BA Role:
The main focus of this role is to provide support in the Business Analysis capabilities to new and ongoing projects within the IT Systems department. The remit is global in nature, with many projects providing solutions for use in all countries within the group. This focus of the role will be to elicit and understand business needs within specific projects and ensure these requirements are captured and accurately translated into business requirement documentation. These outputs are usually referred to in the testing of the solutions to ensure quality assurance.
Business Analysis related duties:
- Elicit requirements using methods (but not limited to) interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information and processes gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver relevant project deliverables (Business Requirements Document; Functional Requirements Specification).
- Support the design and implementation of solutions to meet the defined customer requirements.
- Build trusting and productive relationships with the business and IT teams to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business process.
- Work independently with users/ stakeholders to define concepts and under direction of Business Change Manager and Project Manager (where applicable).
Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in relation to process and system analysis
- Experience of working on Finance Systems
- Good knowledge in Data Analysis and Data Integration. Data Modelling would be a plus.
- Excellent documentation skills with a strong attention to detail
- Clear communication and documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders to extract the relevant information.
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders
- Excellent Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure particularly during testing phases
- Enthusiasm, passion and energy
- Demonstrated Business Analysis experience
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level with a concentration in Business, Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
If you are driven, determined and want to join a company that has the backing of some of the brightest minds in their respective industry then this role is for you. Apply today or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more.