Due to business growth, our client, a global specialist in systematic/quantitative investment strategies, are looking to bring in a dynamic and personable character into their IT infrastructure team in London to be the face of IT support in the London office - working across 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT functions. N.B. We are looking for candidates with good tenure with established financial services firms - not contractors.
- Service desk, administration, maintenance, monitoring and operations of Windows and Linux servers
- Act as first and second line response for all desktop support queries
- Build maintain relationships with very technical quant developers in house.
- Asset with maintenance of the hardware and software components of the company's IT network.
- Periodic travel to external data centres in London
- updating hardware required for maintenance of servers and the network,
- Fixing any network and connectivity issues
- Resolution of desktop computer issues and phone system issues
- Undergraduate degree
- Financial Services experience required
- Pervious IT Service Desk support experience.
- Excellent client service and internal stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Linux and SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server operating systems
- VMWare Horizon VDI experience
- Windows operating systems experience
- Office 365 cloud services.