This role leads the IT Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) team who are tasked with ensuring that the technologies that underpin the firm’s key services and applications are secure, reliable and performant. The role also oversees a global service desk who are charged with providing high quality support of IT fundamentals (PCs, mobile devices, video conferencing, telephony etc) across three offices – London, New York & Hong Kong.
Responsible (activities/tasks that will typically be performed by you)
- Area Management – lead the I&O function with due consideration to strategy, policy & process/procedures.
- Team/Staff Management – manage the I&O team/staff (currently 11 staff); cultivate a culture aligned with organisational and departmental values.
- Vendor Management – build effective working relationships with suppliers & managed service providers (inc commercials & contracts).
- Change Management – manage/evolve the process followed for service/application change.
- Cyber Security – working closely with the Head of Cyber Security, BCP & Facilities maintain a secure IT infrastructure strategy with managed exposure to cyber threats.
- Disaster Recovery – working closely with the Head of Cyber Security, BCP & Facilities define, maintain & regularly test a DR plan for services, applications & data across all offices.
- Budget – working closely with the Head of Technology prepare & manage the IT departmental budget.
- Research & Development – keep up-to-date with current/emergent (I&O) technologies, patterns and practices; factor into area strategy.
Accountable (activities/tasks that will typically be performed by a member(s) of your team but you will have management/oversight)
- Task Management – ensure I&O work is appropriately allocated, completed in a timely manner and to a good standard.
- Software Asset Management – regulate the procurement/licensing of software used by the firm.
- Hardware Asset Management – regulate the procurement of IT/comms hardware used by the firm.
- Service Management / Systems Administration – ensure that services/applications are monitored, available & performant; includes overseeing good management of BAU/minor enhancements to agreed SLAs or target dates.
- Office IT Management (inc MER) – oversee the design & implementation of office IT infrastructure (inc MER) in the London, New York & Hong Kong offices and family office.
- Service/Application Additions or Upgrades – oversee planned (major) change to services/applications.
- Major Incidents/Problem Management – ensure major incidents/problems are well managed – both process & execution.
- User (Desktop) Support - ensure that the global user base is well supported with IT fundamentals (PCs, mobile devices, video conferencing, telephony). Service provided is high quality and meets agreed SLAs.
Support (activities/tasks that will typically be performed by other members of the IT team but you will provide input/assistance)
- Technical (Enterprise) Architecture – support the definition/maintenance of the overall technical design for IT services/applications.
- IT Strategy – support the definition/maintenance of the IT strategy for the firm.