IT OPERATIONS MANAGER Reporting to the IT Director you will be responsible for the operational aspects of our IT estate. Running primarily on Microsoft Azure we work with a number of specialist partners to provide an infrastructure support 150 users across our primary London office and several smaller satellite offices, including in Europe and elsewhere. The IT Operations Manager is responsible for a team of five Application and Desktop Support Engineers.
The main objectives of the IT Operations Manager are to ensure the ongoing reliability, stability, efficiency and economy of our core platforms/infrastructure supporting our business functions and users, our desktop. Mobile and office hardware and supporting rapid/controlled delivery of software applications.
- Level 1 support management (incident ownership, communication, resolution)
- Laptop, mobile and desktop management
- Asset management (hardware, software, service agreements)
- Manage operational projects
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Manage and challenge technology suppliers/partners on delivery and quality
- Provide support for new releases and deployments
- Responsible for our Azure environments: Development, Test and Production
- Perform incident analysis and take actions to address root cause
- Lead and manage a team of five employees providing support across our environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience in a similar role
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a relevant role, providing IT support to a multisite environment, preferably to an SME
- IT project management/coordination experience
- Highly articulate with great communication skills and the aptitude for building strong relationships
- Demonstrable customer service attitude
- Team leadership, individual development, drive and determination to succeed
- Vendor management experience
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and balancing competing demands from senior stakeholders
- An ability to problem solve and propose practical solutions and workarounds
- Multisite IT support experience
- Knowledge of (ideally qualified in) ITIL best practice
- Knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft PowerBI and datawarehouses, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience within a proprietary .Net development environment
To manage the IT infrastructure to perform at the lowest possible cost, ensuring we use what we pay for and pay for what we use.
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for a team of five Application and Desktop Support Engineers.