IT Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 14 Feb 19
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solution
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
This role is to work within Asset Management Technolgoy, which delivers change to the Asset Management business. The primary responsibility will be the Project management of projects within the Asset Management area.
The Project Manager will work with the business, SME’s and development team to deliver process and technology changes. They will work closely with both technology and business teams to interpret and clearly define use case and use stories that are of high enough quality to allow a development team to develop. They will need to be able to define the critical success factors and motivate a team to deliver. This role would suit an individual who has a good understanding of Asset Management related techonolgy project deliver using Agile and Waterfall delivery technquies.
- Project Management of IT deliverables
- Act as single point of contact for technology
- To provide a bridge between the business and technology teams
- Own the project plan and drive the project team to ensure delivery is tracked and communicated
- Establish and manages the day to day progress against the overall sprint plan and reports variances against the plan
- Ensure that appropriate reporting is put in place to ensure all stakeholders are aware of delivery progress, issues and risks
- Responsible for ensuring that the project delivers to scope, cost, timeframe and quality
- Ensure that the project team are focused on the approved priority task
- Owns the technology RAID log and ensure this is maintained, reviewed and communicated
- Support and provide feedback to development, testing and business representatives.
- Running workshops and business requirements gathering, data requirements gathering and data analysis.
- Ensures use stories and use cases are of the appropriate quality to ensure developers
You must have strong communication skills, with the ability to understand complex problems and communicate them to a business and technical audience.
- A self-starter - motivated and able to act on own initiative
- Inquisitive, with good logical, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Pro-active, owns and resolves issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining quality
- Able to motivate & contribute to and or lead effective teams
- Approachable and able to work with people at all levels in the organisation
- Previously worked within Asset Management
- Working knowledge of Asset Management technolgoyies and methodologies
- Exceptional undersanding of risk, issue and change management
- Deep Understanding of the Financial Services Industry
- Working knowledge of Project Management practices and procedures including the use of MS Project and Agile delivery methadologise
- Ability to analyse and data to understand trends
- A very good understanding of Java/J2EE, C++, C#, SQL Server, ETL Informatica, SQL development
- In depth appreciation of the data attributes consumed by an Asset Management firm
- Well acquainted with Financial Instrument data, specifically different types of front, middle and back-office files
- Structured analysis & design
- Written & oral communication
- Working knowledge of Data Architecture principals
- Understanding of application and data design
- The ability to effectively engage with both business and technology users
- Demonstrable experience of interaction with business to capture user requirements
- Significant experience of using Microsoft office and will be well versed in defining business flows using Visio, Excel and Word
Previous experience working on a range of Investment Risk change projects during:
- Project Scoping and Planning
- Analysis & Design
- System & Functional Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Has used recognised analysis and development methodologies.
- Has a proven track record of delivery of similar asset management technology projects